mint again selling gold

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Rono, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Rono

Rono Senior Member

Howdy,

The mint has repriced their gold and is again selling.

AGE 1 oz - N/A
    1/2 - $460
    1/4 - $240
    1/10 - $117
    Set - $1700

Buffalo - $900

Note that all prices were expressed as x99.99 and I rounded up to the nearest whole dollar.

peace,

rono

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JHar4330

JHar4330 New Member

Interesting how they are not selling the one ounce.

4. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

gold up again

i oz gold is sold out. soon they going to change the price again.

5. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

It was there a couple days ago when I posted for about $830.

6. Philly Dog

Philly Dog Coin Collector

Platinum is up 200.00 in the last 60 days and up almost 400.00 in last year

7. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

its too bad the gold prices are going up like they are, its the nature of it all, but its still to bad. I just cant buy them at their current prices... but that just leaves me with more money to use to buy other things :)

it all ends well =D

8. coininfo

coininfo New Member

Mint still sell basic bullion way over gold value. Still better to buy from a dealer no matter when you buy it

9. DoubleDie

DoubleDie Senior Member

The mint charges too much for their gold coins. It is an unstable investment anytime you buy modern coins over the spot price of the metal they consist of. You never know how their value will increase overtime. But with the gold market predictions of $1,000 gold spot in the next few years, it may not be too unstable investment.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You notice that the 1 oz is not available individually, but from the price of the set it is apparent that it is still included in the set. Either that or the set is not actually available, or they are charging almost a thousand dollars more for the set of 1/2, 1/4, and 1/10 oz cost individually.

11. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Thats true. I just got back from a coin show in Vegas and noticed that almost every table that had gold had $2.50 IH gold from $180 in EF and $5.00 IH gold from $250. You get gold plus history for a much, much better deal than you can from the mint.
    Not to mention they are so much nicer looking than modern bullion, in my opinion.
    Guy~

Draft saved Draft deleted