Mexican Coin

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by susanlynn9, Nov 10, 2004.

1. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

I have a question about a 1997 Mexico 2 Pesos coin that I am trying to get a KM# for; this particular coin does not seem to be in Krause, unless I'm just missing it. The design and composition matches KM#604 (page 1399 in the 31st edition). The 1997 date is not listed and I cannot find that date anywhere in the Mexico section for this type of coin. The 2 Pesos that they show for 1997 is completely different and composed of silver. The coin I have is bi-metallic with a steel outer ring and an aluminum-bronze center. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jody526

jody526 New Member

Hey, Susan.

The 2004 Krause lists the coin as...

2 Pesos KM#604
    Ring Composition: Stainless Steel
    Center Composition: Aluminum-Bronze
    Note: Similar to KM#551, but denomination without N

1997Mo Unc.=$2.50

4. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Thanks, Jody. I guess the 2003 left it out in error. :)

5. jody526

jody526 New Member

Anytime, Susan.

6. satootoko

satootoko Retired

The 2003 is well known for its huge volume (pun intended) of errors. They did a major overhaul of their data base and really screwed up. I reported more than two dozen errors in the Japanese section alone!

7. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

The really sad thing is that I went through the Mexican section about 8 times because I was convinced that I was missing it.That was a great waste of 45 minutes. I guess I better get the 2004 book :D

8. satootoko

satootoko Retired

The 2005 corrected even more errors Susan. Barnes & Noble had a great price on it a while back.

9. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

Thanks, Roy. I just bought 8 books for my numismatic library. It should be great fun explaining to my husband how I need to buy another one so soon. :D

10. satootoko

satootoko Retired

To paraphrase: Buy the book before each coin! :rolleyes: :D

11. susanlynn9

susanlynn9 New Member

But then I wouldn't have any money for coins! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted