Make your reservations NOW for FUN.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Collect89, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

The Fun show is scheduled for January 7-10 in Orlando. I just booked my plane ticket today. On one of the segments I got the last available seat in the cabin. It may have just been because of my origin city & class. If you are going to FUN, then make your reservation early or you may be driving to Florida.

Interesting to note that there is a Royal Caribbean 3 night cruise out of Port Canaveral leaving at the end of the day on the 8th. It would limit my time at FUN but an outside cabin is only $240 for the 3-night cruise! FUN should coordinate a FUN coin-collecting-cruise. I think it would be a blast.

Very best regards,
    collect89

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

I've had my reservations since August! This will be my second year in a row....it's really a great show!

4. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Hello Catbert,

I look forward to seeing you in Orlando. I had to miss FUN in 2009 but I've been attending FUN for only a few years now.

When FUN was in Fort Lauderdale, I stayed with relatives. In 2008 Orlando, there were a few numismatists staying at the Extended Stay America Hotel. This was kind of cool because we had a cookout using the outdoor grill at the pool one night. I did the Orlando Days Inn one time because it was cheap & close to the convention center. I am open to CT suggestions regarding where to stay near the convention center so please chime-in people.

5. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Although I might go alone, I'd prefer to have my wife along.
    Got to check the calendar.
    So no definite plans yet for the FUN.

6. 2CentRick

2CentRick Senior Moment

A numismatic cruise sounds like FUN, playing shuffle board on deck with cull Morgans, enjoying the crisp salt air - uh oh! - my scantly clad bronze is starting to get sick, it is turning a greenish color. Is there a doctor on board?

7. 2CentRick

2CentRick Senior Moment

Hello Collect89

Please pardon my OT numismatic nautical whimsey - it's the Mad Cow.

Which days will you be attending the show? Are any of your family coming also?

For the last five shows, I would drive daily to the show from home. This year I am going to get a room within short walking distance for a couple of nights since the rising prices of gas, tolls and convention center parking (now $10.00 a day - use to be free) makes the cost of each day's journey almost $30.00 and two 1/2 hours of drive time. I usually spend 3 days at each show.

I did some hotel searching on line and discovered that there are several reasonably priced hotels within a half mile of the C.C. I noticed that there are 3 extended stay hotels near the C.C. Which one did you stay at previously? I like these because they have kichenettes. An outside grill poolside sounds like fun.

The FUN website seems to be a work still in progress. The attending dealers have not yet been posted nor have the educational seminars and club meetings. I wish they would get the seminar info up soon, as that can be a factor in determining my schedule.

I look forward to seeing you again and having a cold one.

8. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Since I haven't definitely planned to go, I haven't even begun to look for accommodations.

As for the dealer list, my experiences with the Whitman shows indicate that nothing is posted until the show is less than a month away.

9. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

I live in Charleston, so its a reasonable 6 hour drive for me. I'll get there late Friday probably, and leave Sunday.

I'm looking forward to going, I haven't been since FUN 2007, my last year of college.

10. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Physics - I'll miss you then, darn. I'll be arriving Wed and do the bourse Thur and Fri and then leave Saturday morn. I'll see if I can buy up all the good Frankies so you'll have to look for something else ;).

11. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I have the same schedule except I might leave Friday evening instead of Saturday morning.

12. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Well, we should revisit this thread just before FUN to do a roll call and see if we can meet and say hello.

13. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

OK, Time to re-visit this thread.

OK, Time to re-visit this thread.

I am staying at the removed. If you want to stay there contact me directly for info.

Unless I hear of other plans, I will try to visit the Penny Lady's table each day at noon just to see if there are any CT folk around. Of course, there will be lots happening at noon & I can't guaranty that I'll actually make it each day. If you PM me, then I can give you my cell number or make specific plans. I'm all in favor of getting together after the show one day for a drink.

Very best regards,
    collect89

P.S. I will be wearing a sticker which says DO YOU COINTALK?

14. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

Collect89 - really bad idea to give out your hotel info. REALLY BAD IDEA!!!! Please, either you edit it soon, or maybe a mod can edit it? In the interest of security, never give out details like this!

15. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

even more challenging than the plane tickets are the hotel reservations. You will be a ways away if you are still looking for one of those...

16. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I guess the Penny Lady will be busy :D
    On Friday or Sat I should be able to meet at her table at noon I think!!
    Should see you there!

17. 2CentRick

2CentRick Senior Moment

Collect89 - PM sent

18. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

I think that is a good idea to meet at Charmy's table at noon. I will try and do that each day when I'm there (unless I'm horribly distracted by a dealer's offering)! I would enjoy meeting other CoinTalkers.

19. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Anyone else going to FUN and if so, will you attempt to meet at The Penny Lady's table at high noon (I'll try to do so on Thursday and Friday)?

20. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I'll try to stop by and say hey!

21. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Penny Lady Table #566

According to the dealer directory, the Penny Lady is at table 566.

Draft saved Draft deleted