Made my first silver purchase,howed I do?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by playin4funami, Dec 11, 2009.

1. playin4funami

playin4funami Junior Member

wasn't really looking to buy today,just looking around,but ended up purchasing two one oz. .999 silver "holiday" rounds for 17.00 each. I guess its a start,and I had to start somewhere,they were the only non-coinage silver he had in the shop. the rest was more expensive.

Once again thanks for all the advice everyone who helped me along in my metals education.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

Thats under spot! nice buy.

stainless

4. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

you got pictures? I think you did good assuming they are not colorized...yuck! The only problem I could think and this is based on strictly as an investment the reselling them down the road as they are really for bullion resale and tied mainly to the silver market.

did they have ASEs? and if so how much?

I know I talk alot about ASEs but at least you got numismatic value backing it up if silver falls.

5. stainless

stainless ANTONINIVS

Even if they are colorized, he did good. They (from my understanding) are just the generic silver ounces, all they would be worth is melt (unless it is a well known collectable type).

stainless

6. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

I agree it was good deal!
    I guess I should have explained more that it's personal preference more then the investment part. Also at least you can take the coloring off the coin if you need to sell it without the coloring last I heard.

7. playin4funami

playin4funami Junior Member

they are just two generic rounds that say happy holidays on one side and on the other side one has a relief of an angel with the saying hark the hearld angels sing,and the other round has a detailed releif of santa with children on his lap,etc. they do say .999 silver and one troy ounce on them,they aslo have just a tad of light tarnish around the edges,no coloring,tried to take some pics but all I could get were a big shiny glare.

8. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

It was a good buy. I also have some Christmas rounds. I bought airtites with small loops on the edge for hooks and red rings to hang them on the tree. See model l loop -- http://www.jpscorner.com/AirTite_Ring_Type_AirTite_Coin_Holders.htm

9. AshcraftCoin

AshcraftCoin Member

I bought Bullion from a jewelry dealer in the past... he was asking me what spot was at. LOL Some people that bought lower or just aren't current on the market will let things go at good prices... just have to be looking for deals.

Pretty sure I got a whole bunch of holiday silver from him too... those are bought as a novelty and some recipients can't convert them to cash fast enough because they really don't know... they sell low and the person they sell to just adds a little mark up.

Anyway, good deal.

-Michael

Draft saved Draft deleted