[CLOSED] LordM & spirityoda Giveaway, November 2018: dip into my bulk World coin stash!

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shrews1994

Shrews1994 Collecting is my passion.

I did it! Lol I cent my wheat cents.

Noah Finney likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Entry Post

25C1937S-06.001obv.JPG

Having trouble coming up with anything interesting to post, so I think I'll ust leave it with a picture of a quarter with a tiny bit of cir-cam for the goog Lord M... :)

Paul M., Noah Finney and lordmarcovan like this.
  4. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post
    Egan Doubled Die Dares you cats to take his coin.

Egan and Coin.jpg

Paul M., Kasia, Noah Finney and 4 others like this.
  5. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Entry post.
    I'm an ancients collector and over the summer I tried to create a visual that shows the different Roman denominations and when they were used, so I thought I'd share that as my creative "thing". I still want to revise it to include the earlier Roman Republic denominations... maybe over xmas break?
    (click image for bigger size)
    Evolution-Roman-Imperial-Denominations-3.jpg

6. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Egan looks a little like an anteater from that angle, with that long snout! LOL :hilarious:

Great pic. I'm a cat person first and foremost (as you might have already noticed from the original post here), but we have two canine units as well. :)

[​IMG]

spirityoda and Noah Finney like this.
  7. lordmarcovan

Well done. I infer that there's some slight overlap between the aureus and solidus denominations, then? I like how many of the lines kind of fade out indefinitely, as perhaps the denominations themselves did.

Noah Finney likes this.
  8. Nyatii

Here is a picture to reclaim Egan's reputation as a handsome dog.
    Yes, I knew you were a cat person, hence the Doubled Die Dare.....
    Egan by Fireplace #2.jpg

9. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

ENTRY POST
    All i got is this: A termite couple comes into a restaurant. What did they order?
    1909VDBCentAndStampObverse.JPG
    Answer: A table for two!! :)

longshot and Paul M. like this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Entry post
    I thought I had already submitted an entry but cannot find it listed here, so guess I didn't.
    I wanted to take this opportunity to let members know that I lost my best friend and companion of 13 years the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Chronic renal failure. I've posted his picture in forums on this site before and some may recognize him.
    Zack, relaxing.jpg

RIP Zack my old friend.

spirityoda and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss....over the years I've lost a bunch of pups....and I can truly appreciate your sorrow. Our Best friends want us to remember the good times....though.
    As for what death takes away, it can never steal from us those cherished memories. They are eternally ours....

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. Nyatii

I feel bad for your loss.

spirityoda and lordmarcovan like this.
  13. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

Entry post
    My recent acquisition. I did not received yet, but the pictures are interesting.
    1949 rev- delamination.jpg 1949 obv - delamination.jpg

Paul M. and lordmarcovan like this.
  14. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

Just for fun, I took that pictures of the newest (and weird) coin collector I figured out. IMG_20180918_084257235.jpg IMG_20180918_084301333.jpg IMG_20180918_084251650.jpg

15. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Entry post.

Cleaning out some junk today and found this old Kellogg’s Rice Krispies disappearing coin trick.

My grandson was suitably impressed. Spoiler alert: since I am not a magician I revealed the trick in the last photo. Tried to take a video but couldn’t download it.

Attached Files:

16. lordmarcovan

Quite the comfy domestic scene. I'm envious of the fireplace.

17. Mountain Man

Thank you for your understanding and words.

Paddy54 likes this.
  18. Mountain Man

Thank you.

19. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Our first Dalmatian Bo would lay so close to our kerosene heater we were afraid of spontaneous combustion. Bo was so special in many ways...but at times I would move her or turn the heater off durring winter months.
    Each pet has their own personality it's amazing at times how their memories sneak back in your head and make you smile.
    Bo loved people and company...but come bed time she would ask you to leave! She walk over to your company and then towards the door...this kept up until the human would realize she wanted them to leave so we could go to bed.
    She was quick to learn a new trick....the wife said to me if we ever get another dog you will not teach them any tricks...as Bo would go through each trick to get what she wanted.....be it a treat or what ever she wanted at the moment.
    And as a watch dog.... well I never worried if I was away ,and wife was home alone no body would ever do harm to her mama!
    Of all the money I've spent in my lifetime the best investment we ever made has been in our dogs.

Mountain Man likes this.
  20. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Beautiful, intelligent-looking dog, @Mountain Man. Sorry for your loss.

Steve

21. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

Entry post. This is one of my type one slq
    20181021_135032.jpg 20181021_135041.jpg

Noah Finney and Paul M. like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.