[CLOSED] LordM, Nathan401, & Santinidollar giveaway, July 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alk1129

alk1129 Member

Entry Post

Coin jokes like the one from Geod are great. My favorites are the ones that make no Cents.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Never knew my grandparents

Noah Finney likes this.
  4. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

I presume you are into nickels, dimes, and quarters then? Lol

lordmarcovan, Noah Finney and Nyatii like this.
  5. alk1129

alk1129 Member

I actually am starting out with trying to complete a US two-cent set.

lordmarcovan and Kasia like this.
  6. Abr0gate

Abr0gate New Member

Entry Post

Just a little coin humor:
    Are overworked coin makers at the Mint the only people who are likely to strike because they want to make less money?

7. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

3 days to contest ending

lordmarcovan likes this.
  8. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Entry post.

Thanks again, you guys!

I was just thinking this morning, musing over almost sixty years of collecting that I wonder if my deteriorating eyesight has a lot to do with my changing collecting foci.

When I was younger, it was primarily cents, nickels and dimes. Today half dollars and larger Norwegian silver coins are my passions. I can often no longer read the dates on cents.

Or was it that as a ten-year old boy I couldn’t afford to put away half dollars?

Anyone else wonder about that?

Steve

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. tmeyer

tmeyer Au hunter

Entry post
    this is still my best find roll coin hunting.

Attached Files:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. Joshg1928

Joshg1928 Active Member

ENTRY POST

I thought I made it on this contest, but I can’t find it anywhere.

My wife calls me crazy for separating my change by denomination, I do it when I collect a few hundred bucks in change. My goal is to find silver mostly. I usually find 2-3 pieces per 100$.

My question would be is it more effective to hunt through coin rolls from the bank? I’ve never done it, and just am a bit curious.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Go for it, you might get lucky... Check out the threads of finds in CRH (Coin Roll Hunting). I think it is a very enjoyable 'hobby' to get the rolls and hunt them.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Entry Post

This reminds me of a personal story from 1971. It was a tradition at that time, that a newly commissioned officer (Army, anyway, Ft. Benning, GA) gave a silver dollar to the first NCO to salute him/her. With the days leading up to commissioning there was frenetic activity to procure them. On the day, as we left the building, we formed a single file, & of course, the first person standing outside the door was our company First Sergeant. He collected 128 silver dollars that day & we were plenty eager & happy to deliver. :happy::happy::happy:

Wonder whatever happened to all those coins? :joyful::joyful::joyful:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

ENTRY POST. I Thought to submit this coin my son just gave me as he graduated as an Airman in the U.S. Air Force. 20180729_140316.jpg 20180729_140345.jpg

green18, lordmarcovan and Nyatii like this.
  14. Dug13

Dug13 Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST

I found this giant Buffalo Nickel while metal detecting a camping site. (modern nickel is for reference)

Thanks for the contest!

E0B88A9A-4B40-40AD-9516-CAB5161285F7.jpeg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. Noah Finney

1 day to contest ending.

Nathan401 and lordmarcovan like this.
  16. Coinneseur

Coinneseur Active Member

Yeah two heads are better than one... is what I tell my wife evey time she beats me in mind sex and in common sense needed here times played with only one life always putting my twos all in... i bring my own pair of cents that I always carry with me, two that is is ironically needed to make dollar bill/‘s and , naturally, they have grown with me all my life. Please no gutter thoughts, I am talking about me and my other two... my reflection and my shadow of course. Which truly make up, me, myself, and I or you... but I do not like cockfest live talking two cents...open minded poetry for you coinage driven numeralists and penny and whatever coins you collect, pinchers. Too bad this was not my entry.

lordmarcovan and DEA like this.
  17. Noah Finney

today the contest ends.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

It does!!! I hope everyone who wanted to enter, did so. You have a few hours left!! Great prizes!! Here's my latest Bust Half (not a prize): IMG_1379.JPG IMG_1380.JPG

19. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

I really couldn't think of a joke to tell and my new purchase has not come in yet. So I will show a recent acquisition. A Canada Small cent woody with lamination error. Thanks for this beautiful coin @alurid :happy: 1939CSCWoody.jpg

20. NLL

NLL Well-Known Member

I love bust half dollars! Coin shop pick up or from online?

lordmarcovan and Nathan401 like this.
  21. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Your photos are superb.

lordmarcovan and MontCollector like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.