[CLOSED] LordM, H8_modern, Kasia, & Nas giveaway, August 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated Supporter

Entry Post

Here's a (very bad) picture of a mint-marked 2017-P Lincoln I just found going through my pocket change.

2017-P.JPG

lordmarcovan, Theodosius and Kasia like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Yorkshire

Yorkshire Well-Known Member

entry post

heres my first morgan dollar
    [​IMG]

4. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post:
    Coin Related garage sale 50 cent buy....
    IMG_2898.jpg IMG_2899.jpg

Mountain Pics from the porch of my cabin for Lord Marcovan....
    Two years ago as cabin was being built...
    Cabin Pics - Building 6-4-2016 (171).JPG

Last year......
    12.JPG

This year 10 hours before I got there..........
    STC_0249.JPG
    STC_0276.JPG STC_0286.JPG
    STC_0294.JPG

Noah Finney and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

They ripped you off??!!!
    We have the same problem at our spot in NH. We get people wandering through our yard, looking in the windows, etc. We forward all the images to the Police. I don't think they do to much about it though.:mad:

6. Nyatii

Yup. The neat part is showing up armed with a shotgun...they arrived at 5:58 AM, I arrived at 4:47 PM.

7. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Wow. Sorry to see that. I live in an area where there are a lot of "vacation" houses. Meaning the people who own them use them once or twice a year. Unfortunately this happens here too.

Some of the "weekenders", as we call them, have started to contact residents like us to watch their places when they are not there. Maybe you could do the same thing. Find a year round resident that you trust and lives close by. Then let them know your schedule. This is very helpful because the year round resident tend to know what cars do and don't belong on their roads. I would also suggest that in the winter you find a snowplow driver you trust and have them keep your road plowed at least part way up it. It will make crooks like this think twice about approaching your place, wondering if someone is there or not.

Good luck and I hope you catch these guys.

alk1129 likes this.
  8. Nyatii

All good thoughts and I thank you for them. I'm up at 11,877 feet on a dead end road. There is no one full time within 2-3 miles of me, and it's a tough drive up to my place, and it's snowed in 4-5 months out of the year. I'm lucky if they grade the road once a year. I'm lucky (if you will) that it happened the same day. Not sure what it would look like if they did it last fall. I'm up there every few weeks after May when the snow is out, until Oct-Nov.

9. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Entry post: Here's my entry, a souvenir token from Chicago 1933 Century of Progress World's Fair. This is from the Indian Head section of my token collection. Thanks for the contest Lord M et. al. These contest make it fun IMG_7565.JPG IMG_7562.JPG World'sFair 022.JPG World'sFair 023.JPG World'sFair 024.JPG , my hat's off to you sir! :D

Theodosius and Kasia like this.
  10. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Metal detecting older sites is a fun way of finding older local tokens. I've managed to dig up quite a few interesting ones from my hometown(s) over the years. Many are types I've not seen elsewhere.

11. lordmarcovan

Yes, that is a San Francisco mintmark.

12. lordmarcovan

I hope those thieves 1) didn't get much, and 2) got caught. Beautiful mountain pictures. Thanks.

As to the vintage Lucite "boot" with pennies in it, that's a solid buy for fiddy cents. One of our sponsors this month, @H8_modern, collects Lucite castings with coins in 'em. That's how I made his acquaintance- my first swap on CoinTalk was with him, when I sent him a vintage Lucite paperweight with coins in it and he sent me a nicer trade than he should have.

Theodosius and Kasia like this.
  13. Nyatii

They only made off with about $500 or so in goods, including a new chain saw, and the 110v inverter that runs my hot water heater (no showers). Also, my new box of crackers and bottled water of all things. However, it cost me around $650 to have a door brought up and for me to install an extra security door. One of the last cabin thieves eventually fell off his deck into a snow bank and died. That stopped the break ins for a while. New set of dummies.

I just couldn't pass up the lucite boot with all the shiny 1976 cents.

Thank you again for all the goodies and time you volunteer for these contests, and the others that donate.

14. Craigescape

Craigescape Member

Entry Post

Ive started picking up foreign coins, still have no idea what Im looking for other than pence but you never know what you will pick up in a lot. this is a common coin but has a listed value that is good so Im not sure. either way i just enjoy venturing out. I have just picked up a metal detector and will be heading back to my home town and checking around the old homesteads to see what I can turn up.

Attached Files:

Theodosius likes this.
  15. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

And then what happened?

Don't leave us in suspense.

Hoping you are safe.

16. Nyatii

Yes, I'm safe and back home for the moment. The small town doesn't have much for law enforcement, or a budget. They took the incident report from me. I had to write it up for them. Probably won't come to much except if they get snitched on or caught in the act. It took the deputy more than 3 hrs to get there. Had to give them directions 4 or 5 times. He said I was on my own pretty much. Obviously the bad guys were ready for a confrontation. The shotgun has a short barrel, after market forend, and Michaels type extra shell carrier on the butt stock. One appears to by about 5'5", the other about 5'7". I gave all this info to the under sheriff.

It took me two days to get a new door brought up to me. Then I had to make a 100 mile round trip to get an extra security door to put on. I'll be ordering a CS gas trip bomb to put inside. The shutters are 2" rough cut lumber. I have it up for sale and maybe someone that lives closer will buy it. It's super prime property, and land in the area is moving up pretty quick. I'll be going back out in a couple of weeks. This time to have fun I hope. It is a beautiful place and very peaceful.

alk1129 and Kasia like this.
  17. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    A Widow's Mite I picked up last year.
    IMG_3627.JPG IMG_3628.JPG IMG_3629.JPG

Nathan401 and MontCollector like this.
  18. CraftPaperNinja

CraftPaperNinja New Member

Entry post. And here is a picture of the first "V" nickel I found while coin roll hunting. 20180605_070540.jpg

Theodosius, dchjr and Nathan401 like this.
  19. Entry Post.
    Wife found this 1918 wheat CRH with me yesterday, her earliest find, i found a 1930's the next roll, She won haha. Good luck all!

Attached Files:

Nathan401 likes this.
  20. Dug13

Dug13 Well-Known Member

EC837CEE-CB9B-4B71-90EF-5C2AEAC4A653.jpeg ENTRY POST
    Thanks for the contest!

My collection of Horizontal Elongated Cents

Theodosius, Kasia and Nyatii like this.
  21. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

1917 TH 1 b obv.JPG 1917 TH 1 b rev.JPG Entry post. This 1917 1 baht coin arrived a few days ago. Big rascal, 30.4mm, 15 grams of .900 fine silver. Back then a baht had some buying power! Shame it has the ED front and back.

fretboard, Theodosius, Kasia and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.