[CLOSED] LordM, H8_modern, Kasia, & Nas giveaway, August 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Yea, spent some time there a few years back. I have a handful of coins and paper currency. A baht now is worth about $0.03 USD (unless it's silver!) You could ride a 'baht bus', or the bed of a pickup truck around town for a couple baht.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

Sounds like you were in Pattaya...they call them "baht buses" there. The real name is "song taew", means "two rows", as in 2 rows of seats.

dchjr likes this.
  4. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Yes, that is where I was. Really neat place. A few nights spent on "Walking Street". ;)

5. Wal888

Wal888 Well-Known Member

"ENTRY POST"
    Lot C is so beautifull... Could be to me...:shame:
    Who knows?

6. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

7. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Yes, I know it's doubled die.

8. Joshg1928

Joshg1928 Active Member

Entry post

I recently moved into a new home, about 3 houses down from the old one. Well, I found, among other things this small lot of world coins. I don’t believe any are worth too dollar, but it did double the size of my world collection.

Being a history nut, I thought the reichsmark was rather neat. I found it with a knife commissioned in 1939 for the hitler youth.

Let me know what you all think

Attached Files:

9. BlueBaboon73

BlueBaboon73 New Member

Entry Post: This is my first Indian Head Penny! I found it 5 days ago. It took me long enough. lol S20180812_001.jpg

10. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Entry Post

I was having trouble coming up with a coin to post for this month's entry, then it hit me.... the chicken coin. A 1943 Irish penny with a chicken on one side and an Irish harp on the other. Another coin that I received from my Grandfather... :) 1943PennyIrelandObv.jpg 1943PennyIrelandRev.jpg

Theodosius, Nathan401 and coin_nut like this.
  11. alk1129

alk1129 Member

Glad you were not there when that happened! So crazy.

Nyatii likes this.
  12. alk1129

alk1129 Member

Entry Post

Thought this was an interesting video showing how the pros photograph precious metals. Not sure who would be able to buy a kilo of gold for a birthday present...

Nyatii likes this.
  13. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Okay I got a dansco cent album. (cost more than what I expected) upload_2018-8-25_10-24-25.jpeg

14. Noah Finney

:Contest Ending Countdown: 6 Days

15. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Entry Post:

Heading to my local flea market tomorrow. Going with my best friend (non collector). He and I both enjoy old video games, and i try to get him interested in coins.

There are multiple coin shops within the market, so i hope to pick up something tomorrow. I will post pictures if i do!

Noah Finney and Theodosius like this.
  16. Noah Finney

:Contest Ending Countdown: 5 Days

17. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

As promised here is a picture of my latest purchase.
    20180826_214409.jpg 20180826_214421.jpg 20180826_214639.jpg
    I am thinking it would grade between AU-55 to 58. I do see some wear on the high points, but very minimal (I'm not an expert on this series).

I was able to negotiate the price to 55 which was also cool. I do not think this purchase was a steal, however I do think it was fairly priced. Let me know if you think otherwise!

PlanoSteve, longshot and coin_nut like this.
  18. Noah Finney

:Contest Ending Countdown: 2 days

19. Kevin Dore

Kevin Dore Active Member

Entry post

I'm sure lots of you have this coin in your collection, but it is one of my favorite coins of mine. I may have slightly overpaid for it but it had so much red in it that I couldn't resist.
    S20180829_0026.jpg S20180829_0027.jpg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    PlanoSteve, Theodosius and Kasia like this.
  20. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

1909 VDB,cool. I remember my dad finding one in circulation when I was a kid. It was probably about VF 30-35 condition. That was in the days when it was common to see 1943 steel cents in pocket change.

PlanoSteve, Kevin Dore and Theodosius like this.
  21. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

Entry Post
    Thinking of what to submit, I thought of the cool coins that are sold where I work. I give you one of our wonderful animals in our collection. Philadelphia Zoo - Hippo Obverse.JPG Philadelphia Zoo - Hippo Reverse.JPG

Kasia and coin_nut like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.