[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #58 (two prize drawings)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

He's an old grouch, but he does like licking new kittens, which he did when they first arrived. They coexist.

The kittens play with everything. The living room is like a martial arts dojo with all that kitten-jitsu going on. Tumbling, galloping, leaping. Anything that moves is subject to attack by a small furry creature. It's a fun age to watch. :cat:

They've figured out how to jump up to the big cats' food bowl on their own now. (We can’t leave that on the floor because of the dog.)

Not that I'm surprised or anything. They figured out how to get up on my desk long ago. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

dmv are a bunch of gestapo

Hookman likes this.
  4. DeanC12

DeanC12 Active Member

Entry Post . Thanks for another great contest . I would probably go for the flying eagle.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

Entry post??
    I know that I'm supposed to enter this contest only once, but I'm wondering (since I now have a Churchill coin -thank you very much!), if I can say that if I were to win the prize of $25 towards one in your collection, I would choose to put it towards the 1944 ASE? It's such a lovely coin and the only other one that I have is from 1996. If this disqualifies me, so be it. That's fine.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  6. lordmarcovan

Sure. But there is no such thing as a 1944 ASE. It's a 1944 Walking Liberty half. Smaller than an ASE, as it's a half dollar. The ASEs (1986-present) stole their obverse design from the earlier (1916-1947) Walker halves.

Hookman and expat like this.
  7. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

No wonder that I've been confused when I see an older half!! Duh. I'm a bit embarrassed that it reveals my lack of knowledge with those coins, but now I can say that I do not own a Walking Liberty half! Thanks for the lesson.

Lueds, lordmarcovan and expat like this.
  8. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

First off, those Riverdale foster kitties are adorable!
    Entry Post :)
    I would choose Prize A and put it toward the 1829 silver capped bust half dollar. It would be my first and the Circam has eye appeal.
    Here is our most recent daily visitor-drives my Bailey absolutely crazy when she visits.
    Knock Konck Kitty.jpg

9. lordmarcovan

It can indeed be confusing to the uninitiated. This is one of the reasons I don't like recycled designs. It's uncreative, for one thing. Come up with something new. The old classic designs (Like the Walking Liberty half, for just one example) are fantastic. But leave 'em in their own historical context, I say.

They did the same thing with the Gold Eagles. Stole the 1907-1933 Saint-Gaudens $20 double-eagle design.

The French have done it a lot, too, with the recycled designs.

Hookman, Stevearino and dlts like this.
  10. JP@

JP@ Well-Known Member

Entry Post

I'm looking closely at those ancients....

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

She looks like she needs a home!

12. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

What a beautiful kitty! Seeing her in the sink reminds me of www.catsinsinks.com

expat likes this.
  13. Mike!

Mike! New Member

Entry Post. I would choose the Flying Eagle cent; I have one. but it is so worn that there are no details left at all.

14. expat

expat Remember you are unique, just like everyone else Supporter

Lol, she fits right in on that site, some lovely images on there

lordmarcovan and love old coins like this.
  15. love old coins

love old coins Well-Known Member

Sammie in the sink! 2007.jpg
    My youngest daughter and I put one of our cats (was just a kitten then) on the site in 2007. It's kind of addictive...I just kept clicking and clicking - LOL!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  16. Trish

Trish Well-Known Member

Unless she can order from Amazon, her pink collar and with the bell tells me she has one nearby :)

dlts and lordmarcovan like this.
  17. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    I would choose A.
    I like the Barber Half from the post.
    It is nice to see a circulated Barber Half with some details left.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. dlts

dlts Well-Known Member

railroad tracks2.jpg

Attached Files:

19. lordmarcovan

If you meant the 1903, that just sold and is on its way to France. ‘Twas a nice one for the grade. I’ll have to look for more like that. I do still have one lower-grade Barber half in the inventory as of this post.

Nice autumnal image. I’m really psyched that fall has finally come.

20. TheCitrusGuy

TheCitrusGuy Member

Entry Post
    I would DEFINITELY go for the 1956 Silver Washington quarter!
    Why?
    1) It is Silver.
    2) I have that particular hole in my Quarter Album.
    Thank You as always, @lordmarcovan for your generosity in holding these giveaways!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. Lueds

Lueds Well-Known Member

ENTRY POST:

Thanks yet again for the opportunity to participate in this fun event @lordmarcovan

Sooooo many choices. I really like the Spanish 2 Maravedis, gawjeus patina, nice looking coin. I don't own any old Spanish coinage and this one really draws me to it :cool:

Two of our four hounds chilling..

Unfortunately they all LOVE Puddy Tats in the wrong way, consequently we never see any around our place. Anything that moves in the back yard is fair game to them, thankfully that fair game is usually too swift of foot.

20160721_002228.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.