[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #52 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

I'd have to stick with #27 (was 28 last round lol) Wheat rolls are a weakness of mine.. may granddaughters gonna have "plenty" to split someday hehe and a bad pun just to share the pain :D
    25446156_10210224104510182_3214702488726095655_n.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Nice Nerva! My only coin of Nerva so far was this bronze As in my first Roman collection. It also featured the CONCORDIA EXERCITVVM "handshake" reverse.

[​IMG]

Thanks for that vintage chuckle. I had forgotten about Three Amigos.

Poor Penny baby indeed has a boo-boo on her nose. We're not sure what caused it- it was bleeding a little the other night, but is improving. We're still nursing her. She's reportedly the only survivor from her litter (We also fostered her little brother, Benny, but he did not make it, I'm afraid. He was always rather sickly and frail.) :(

Happily, Penny seems to be doing OK, and has always had a bit of spunkiness to her. :cat: We're looking forward to fattening her up and watching her grow and thrive, hopefully. It'll probably hard to relinquish her for adoption once the time comes, but that's the deal with these foster kittens, who we take in on behalf of No Kill Glynn County.

We've already got a dozen permanent cats and three dogs in our menagerie, so we're pretty much "maxed out", but by fostering some of these rescues, we've always got kittens in the house. They're so much fun. The last foster pair, Mork & Mindy, were delightful, and have since gone on to their "forever" homes, having been rather quickly adopted through NKGC.

Indeed, that is the correct answer to the mini-trivia question in the introduction!

I've been known to be something of a connoisseur of bad puns myself. Get that from my father. My Dad is the king of "dad jokes", and I've carried on the tradition, despite much eye-rolling from my daughter.

4. lordmarcovan

This post (#23) is the entry post for beaver96 on Collectors Universe.

5. lordmarcovan

This post (#24) is the entry post for Marylooloo on Collectors Universe.

6. beaver96

beaver96 Well-Known Member

Entry post, I'm liking the coin from Ukraine, colorized, cameo and an Angel. What's not to like.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. lordmarcovan

Cool.

BTW, if anybody wants to do what @beaver96 just did- that is, get two entries in the contest by posting one here on CoinTalk and another one in the tandem thread on Collectors Universe (if you're also a member over there), that's a legitimate method of doubling your chances in the drawing. Just one entry per member per site, is all.

ZoidMeister likes this.
  8. jamor1960

jamor1960 The More I learn, the Less I know....

Entry post!
    Wow! You made it really hard for me to pick this time Lord!!
    I would like #23 if I win!!
    Thanks!!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Thanks, Lord Marcovan.

I would absolutely love coin #11. I was fortunate enough to visit Nuremburg a few summers ago and I loved the city. I also love math, so... double win.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

So glad that you are a foster pet parent. Thank you from all the pets you've helped!

lordmarcovan and spirityoda like this.
  11. TrompeLeMonde

TrompeLeMonde Member

Entry post -- same choice and rationale as last time, but with the number updated:

If this entry is selected, I would like #24, the 1923 Mexican peso. I started actively collecting coins recently instead of just setting aside anything that looks neat. My first goal to put together a set of New World crown-size silver coins. Doing so might take a while on my budget as a student, but that will make the project's completion all the more satisfying. I have some other (newer) Mexican coins mixed into my current "collection," and I think Mexico has a very consistent track record of minting beautiful coins. This one is no exception. Good luck everyone!

mrweaseluv and lordmarcovan like this.
  12. lordmarcovan

:cat:

69A17804-B227-460F-80B2-4286E4C71ECF.jpeg

spirityoda likes this.
  13. mrweaseluv

all 3 of my present monsters (PITA, Baby, and Nimue) are "foster fails" :D but 3 is my limit now.. there was a time... i think we had a total of 16=17 cats/dogs in the house (4 dogs.. and way way to damn many cats even if about 10 (2 litters) were kittens at the time lol PS I love Penny :D have already said after one of the 2 i got now pass (pita being 21 (22 in april) i've been expecting it for awhile but she still spry lol) I want another Tortie even if black cats almost as much fun hehe

SensibleSal66 and lordmarcovan like this.
  14. lordmarcovan

Oho! Sounds like a similar situation to ours, then. Quite a few of our permanent contingent here at “Shinnicks’ Funny Farm” (presently 12 cats + 3 dogs) were “foster fails” who have stayed on.

We have everybody spayed and neutered except Penny (and Nigella the feral forest cat, who’d be impossible to touch, let alone capture).

Amazing you’ve had some live more than 20 years. Our longest-lived so far was 14-15 years, though most of our cats spend the majority of their time outdoors, so some misadventures and disappearances have happened.

Fortunately we live on more than an acre of land out in the country, so we can support a larger population than we could if we were in a more urban environment.

15. Wizank

Wizank Well-Known Member

Entry Post. Thanks for the great contest! It is a hit with me! (swidt?) #24 resonates with me, Mexican gold and silver always catch my eye and this one looks very nice.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. mrweaseluv

Yup yup my home then was on a fenced in 1/2 acre, dogs loved it, the pregnant mother cats were the "guests" we fostered and very shortly found out was too late to fix either hehe. was a real fun 3 months :D

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. cwart

cwart Senior Member Supporter

Entry Post for #10, I could use a hammered coin for my collection...

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. Dialupsux

Dialupsux Well-Known Member

YAARG ! you had me at " Pirate Era " matey

lordmarcovan likes this.
  19. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post. #24 calls to me.

As always, many thanks for the opportunity. :)

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. cweave02

cweave02 New Member

#26. I have fondness for GB coins, but any would be a great coin. Wish I had thought to name my pups after coins, but instead chose the Queen's homes for names - for my corgis of course!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  21. DarkRage666

DarkRage666 Ͳìɾҽժղҽʂʂ Ͳąҟҽղ ටѵҽɾ

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.