[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #45 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Oct 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h.e.-pennypacker

h.e.-pennypacker Gold and Silver!

Zombucks are issued by Provident Metals so you can find them on their website and they can also be found on eBay. However, even on eBay it is rare to see a presidential Zombucks listed. I’ve seen a George W Bush version before but there don’t appear to be any currently listed on eBay. However, I do recommend that if you purchase off eBay that you verify the round’s authenticity with a Sigma Metalytics or other similar device. I don’t know if there are fake Zombucks out there, but I test all my silver purchases for peace of mind.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

How much are these devices , Is like a Gold detector ?

UPDATE : WOW ! AVG $900 !! I'll go to a jeweler or reputable ( and I use that lightly ) Coin Dealer .

4. h.e.-pennypacker

It’s a precious metals detector, like what they have at coin shops. Imagine a scale, so the device has a flat surface. You select the metal type you want to test, calibrate the device, which just means pushing a button, then put your metal on the flat surface, next the device will show a dot on the screen that should fall between two lines. If the dot is in between the two lines, the metal is authentic. If it’s outside the lines, it’s some other kind of material. The calibration is to set to test the metal on the flat table surface, there are also wand attachments for testing smaller pieces like 1/10 gold coins. I believe a Sigma Metalytics runs about 1000-1500 today. There is a regular version and a pro version. I think the regular version works well enough, I can’t justify purchasing the pro. Their whole pitch is that if the device prevents you from purchasing just one fake ounce of gold, it just paid for itself.

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  5. SensibleSal66

I use the" weigh the coin thing" for about $16 , thx but no thx on buying that . LOL
    Oh , I have used my $800 White's Metal detector . That works also . Good indicator anyways .

6. h.e.-pennypacker

Nice! I have a MineLab. I’ve never used it in that way to test a coin’s authenticity from a purchase. Good idea.

7. SensibleSal66

I tested it on a 1804 Dollar ( U. S ) bought in Vietnam, it was sold as Novelty coin . It read "garbage" , VERY scratchy signal if you know what I mean ?

8. Nathan F

Nathan F Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Here is a picture of my Edward I penny minted in London from 1272-1307.
    1DAD63F4-AB88-43B6-9DF9-8AD61A3913F0.jpeg

9. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

10. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post.

Haven't bought much recently but found a San Marino 1974 plastic set in a market in Palermo. The plastic had split round the 500 lire so I removed them all. At €10 I don't even feel like I paid too much "tourist tax". :D
    San Marino 1974 set.jpg

lordmarcovan and Bradley Trotter like this.
  11. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Entry post
    Over 99% of my coins are from CRH (coin roll hunting or cash register hunting) - can't loose money that way. Been unbelievably lucky lately, especially, it seems, with finding "collector-quantity mintages" in CRH. Can't seem to find your "swapstock collection" but I'm sure there's something I'd like.

12. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

ken454 likes this.
  13. lordmarcovan

San Marino’s coins are lovely. I’ll bet the place itself is, too. I envy your travels.

Wonder if @spirityoda has one of those San Marino 2-lire with the beetle on it in his “Insects” themed collection?

mrbadexample and spirityoda like this.
  14. lordmarcovan

15. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Yes I do.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I have all thee insect coins from San Marino.

17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry Post.

Including these 2 San Marino spider coins...

Gold
    coins5 045 copy.jpg coins5 043 copy.jpg

MzMQHjMXTbCljjGq7fvE_DSC_9572.jpg
    SAihMBeRAq3UsCKFtkcL_DSC_9573.jpg

Prize ? I am interested in your...
    Italy: nickel 50-centesimi of Victor Emmanuel III, 1925-R, smooth edge variety, AU

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    Theodosius and lordmarcovan like this.
  18. lordmarcovan

This post (#137) is the entry post for EXOJUNKIE on Collectors Universe.

19. Johnny Nashville

Johnny Nashville Smile.. It's Better to Rock than Roll

16041531309251803444009561713144.jpg 16041532482022729084436848490205.jpg
    So a quick question....would this be worth it to purchase... If it's ok to ask this here.. already have my entry post up... But, am curious as to what you guys think in here... It'll cost per it's weight.. $1,800+ and actually best the weight cost by $4... Hahaha... The signature is of the Retired Engraver and they have these available elsewhere with THE ACTUAL Engraver.. but since it is a supposed graded coin at MS70.... Just like to know what The "SMART GUY" would do!? LoL

Attached Files:

20. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I’d start a separate thread on this. You’ll get more answers.

Johnny Nashville likes this.
  21. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

I've never been. ;) Palermo's in Sicily - somehow the holiday I booked for the girlfriend's birthday way back in about February happened despite the chaos. I've had my fingers crossed for a long, long time. :joyful:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.