LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, October 2019 (preview & donor information thread only)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Sep 9, 2019.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & odd Moderator

Howdy, y'all. This is just a preliminary planning thread for next month's giveaway. It is a place for the donors and potential donors to post the pictures and descriptions of their goodies. For everyone else, it can serve as a sort of "sneak peek" at the upcoming giveaway.

Here is the pending prize lineup so far.

(link may be a little slow to load)

Obviously, this is not yet a live giveaway. See the link in my signature line to go to the current giveaway.

I do not solicit donations for the giveaways, but so many people have spontaneously volunteered goodies to my past giveaways that we've ended up doing these bigger monthly group contests, and I think that's great. I'm happy to be the coordinator of such things. But since they're getting a bit more complex, I suppose we needed this planning post.

Anyway, if you would like to be a donor to our upcoming contest next month:

• We will need clear picture(s) and a full description of the item(s) you are offering.
    • Unless you prefer to be an anonymous donor, please do not offer to send the items to me. You will hold on to them until the end of the month, and ship them directly to the winner(s) after the drawings. This saves wasted shipping and reduces my workload.
    • As a donor, you may still enter the contest. (For example, @trogdor was both a donor and a winner in the August contest.)
    • Should the winner of your lot(s) happen to be in another country to which shipping would prove expensive, I'm happy to chip in and help with your expenses if you want.
    Here is an archive of the past giveaways, for reference.

As a new little side thing, just for fun, we're also going to let donors post pictures of their favorite pets (past or present) here, and do a little poll later on, to choose which pet gets to be the "spokescritter" of next month's giveaway.

:cat::chicken::bear::beaver::cow::turtle::pigeon:

Questions?

Thanks in advance to all donors, past and future. This has been fun, and I hope it will continue to be. It's gotten bigger, and thus a bit more logistically challenging for me, but that's OK.

Thanks again! :)

~RWS/"LM"

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

4. lordmarcovan

eric6794 likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

My entry for the spokescritter contest is the late Dixie Dog, seen here in the last photo taken of her, at the vet's office, just before she went to Heaven.

She was a sweetheart.

(Immortal past pets are totally OK as spokescritter candidates.)

upload_2019-9-9_3-21-4.png

6. lordmarcovan

@dwhiz- I took the information you previously gave and have listed it as Prize #2.

Roger is in there along with the coins. :cat:

dwhiz likes this.
  7. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

Well since there are so many cat's I wanted to add my Dog. He was one hell of a companion and I miss him so much. Any how this is a clad coin from the year I got my buddy. I really hope whoever gets this will enjoy it.

. taz1.jpg pcgswcq.jpg pcgswcq1.jpg

8. lordmarcovan

Great! But what was your dog's name?

PS- out of curiosity, is that slab label hand signed by Mercanti, or is the signature just printed?

9. eric6794

TAZ

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. lordmarcovan

Great. So you want to donate that coin, then?

Edit- never mind. Cool. Prize #3, then. Stand by.

11. eric6794

yes I wish to donate this, I won this a couple years ago I'm pretty sure it's live ink.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. eric6794

13. lordmarcovan

14. eric6794

i'll get better pics when I can, the photos were from the auction win and my crappy usb scope.

15. lordmarcovan

Great if you do, but otherwise, those are sufficient. Some of the photos in my gallery are worse.

eric6794 likes this.
  16. eric6794

I do like how you note the dog is not included lol.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

Yeah, that might be kind of hard. ;)

eric6794 likes this.
  18. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I have two spokescritters. To the left is pup Saltydog. Named for the ocean yet hates the water. On the right is my dear departed Champ. The greatest blind beagle that ever wagged a tail. He was a gift from the last little league team I coached and dear heavens I loved that dog.... They put their heads together (see what I did there?) and came up with an 1893 Columbian Expo half for October. Hope y'all like it.
    Dogs 002.jpg IMG_3994.JPG IMG_3993.JPG

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  19. lordmarcovan

Hmm. Dunno if a tandem spokescritter is fair to the competition.

On the other hand, I guess as long as you can fit 'em all in one photo...

(Now watch someone post a whole aquarium full of individually named fish. LOL) ;)

Thanks, Randy!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  20. lordmarcovan

21. Its not much but heres a lot of a few things i would like to donate to the giveaway! Ill take a picture of it all in one photo tonight!

- A Five Nickel Set(2 uncirculated, 1 colored, 1 gold plated and 1 hologram)
    - 1981 S Proof Nickel
    - Weird Shaped Chinese Coin from 475-224 B.C
    - 2 Buffalo Nickels 1936

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted