[CLOSED] LordM & Friends Coin Giveaway, May, 2019

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travis G

Travis G Active Member

Entry post 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
    From publisher clearing house think its really free? 15582485549528906536864696846343.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

What makes you think it's free?

Are you looking at that little red circle with the word "FREE" in it?
    That free refers to the wooden display case they give you free after you buy the coins.
    Read the buyback guarantee.
    Also, by the time you pay their price for each of those coins, you will have spent more than enough to pay for the wooden display case, three times over.

There's nothing free in life, especially if it comes promoted by a slick color brochure.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. Granbeck

Granbeck Active Member

Entry Post
    Probably only interesting to me, but I found this coin in change. In my husband's family, all of the men were masons for many years. WIN_20190519_10_49_23_Pro.jpg 1,6,5,7,4,3,2

5. Travis G

Travis G Active Member

Lol they already got me once sent free roll buffalo nickels they were 05 or whatever they are then sent 27$ bill.

6. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

On those kinds of promotions, there's always a catch.
    It's like going fishing'.....only we're the fish.

7. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

I someone sends you an item without you requesting it, you don't have to pay for that item. The exemption would be if you previously received an item on the condition that they can send more for inspection.

8. Harpo

Harpo Missing in Action

"entry post" . My choices are simple: 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7.

Another fine contest.

This is a chocolate brown cent I believe came from my Dad's collection and one I'll be passing on to the Grand-kids.

one-cent-ob.jpg one-cent-rev.jpg

Thanks for chance.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. mrbadexample

mrbadexample Well-Known Member

Entry post. Prize order 1,2,6,5,4,7,3 should the small gods be kind. :)

Not much in the way of recent purchases, so here's a nice Romney halfpenny from where I grew up.

Romney halfpenny (3).jpg
    Thanks as always to the generous contributors. :joyful:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  10. Jason Lautzenheiser

Jason Lautzenheiser Active Member

Entry Post - 2, 1, 6, 7, 5, 3, 4

A recent cherry-pick off of eBay...Got this in a random lot of about 20 Canadian 5 cents...saw it in the corner in a not very good picture. Well worn, but nice pick for a few dollars.

Attached Files:

Bradley Trotter and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

Entry post 1, 3, 2, 4, 6, 5, 7

1915 Oaxaca Centavo.jpg
    I picked this up in a recent sale and was thrilled to get it. A neat 1915 Mexico provisional government one centavo. It looks like these are quite scarce. Since I lived less than a mile from Mexico for about 3 years, I have a fondness of their coinage.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  12. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I'm pleased to report that @spirityoda is on board yet again for the June giveaway, and will be giving away a nice slabbed coin again (and it's ultra high grade proof silver with a nice design, too). I have bought three prizes for June as well. Don't have any US coin prizes for June just yet, though, so I might have to find something to cover that category. I have some ideas.

Noah Finney, spirityoda and Nyatii like this.
  13. Garlicus

Garlicus Debt is dumb, cash is king.

That is so cool. Never saw one before, that I recall. Very practical, although at the moment, I can’t figure out why there are numbers are on the right. Oh, wait, just realized that is the number of days in the month. Initially thought the the 28 was a 20.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Member

Entry Post.
    I think it's awesome that y'all offer up some of the coolest things I've ever seen.
    1, 2, 5, 7, 6, 4, 3
    Thank you for your generosity!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. GMAof8

GMAof8 New Member

Entry Post 2,1,4,5,6,7,3
    Fun to show the grandkids the UV reveal Kruggerand.

Attached Files:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Yes, that's an exceedingly cool find. But coming from you, and having seen some of the kind of stuff you dig, it comes as no surprise.

17. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

ENTRY POST - 1,6,2,5,3,4, AND 7
    Thank you. You guys are great.
    Bartered these from a friend.

Attached Files:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. lordmarcovan

I love that kind of toning on the pre-1865 copper-nickel small cents.

19. KEK52

KEK52 New Member

Entry post:
    I don’t have any pictures to post, as I just recently got one of those magnifying scopes to use but I haven’t figured out yet how to use it. I do have a question about European coins:is there an interest on these forums for pictures and discussions on coins from Europe? Please direct me to them if so. First time discoverer of this site, so far, so good!
    I’d like # 1,3,2,4,5,6 in that order.
    Thanks !

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. lordmarcovan

Not only is there interest in European coins here, but there are also a number of members from Europe. We have a dedicated World Coins forum. Welcome to CoinTalk!

KEK52 likes this.
  21. Master of Coin

Master of Coin New Member

I am just getting back into collecting coins. I never sold my collection but stopped perasuing for sometime. Got into precious stones and metals and after going through my old collection,it has relit the flame. It would be a cool way to get back into it, by winning this contest with this "Entry Post" and such!!
    My ideal winning selection is
    Prizes: 2, 1, 5, 7, 3, 4, 6

Thanks!!

Hookman and lordmarcovan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.