[CLOSED] LordM & dwhiz giveaway, March 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENTRY POST

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................... now show me the money hahaha

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

I entered another contest in the Ancient Coin Forum and won a great Ancient coin reference guide from member @Orfew yesterday. I don't want to be greedy, so if you draw my number at the end of the month please draw again and give prize to someone else.

Thanks...Mont.

dwhiz and Kentucky like this.
  4. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Entry Post.

It seems like everyone should write something to be eligible to win. But as you don't give any guidelines I guess I will just say thank you in advance for when I win.

Seattlite86 and lordmarcovan like this.
  5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Thanks, @MontCollector - that is kind of you. Anybody is welcome to do this if they don't necessarily want the prize. Anybody may enter and win on someone else's behalf, and I'll send the prize to whomever they decide. (However, for this particular lot, I would prefer to ship within the USA only- if a foreign member wins it, I'll auction it and send that person the proceeds, or something.)

I agree. I do prefer to see somebody say something, though I don't require it. "Thanks" is always good. Short n' sweet.

I usually suggest an (optional) conversation topic in these (like the coming of spring, in particular this case- so you see, I did put a guideline in the OP). But I try to be easy with these random monthly giveaways. Sometimes I might make folks jump through a hoop or two, but usually not.

I must confess that I'm a pretty lazy contestant in other people's contests myself, and don't often enter the ones with difficult or complex rules that require a little "work", unless I find the theme compelling. But I'm usually good for a "thanks for the chance" comment, at least.

The people who post "thanks" or something topical get a "like", if I remember to click the button. :)

MontCollector likes this.
  6. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Entry Post

7. lordmarcovan

Dougmeister went the colored font route, in addition to saying "thanks", so that got a like. :)

Dougmeister likes this.
  8. StevieB

StevieB Active Member

Entry Post

Thanks so much for doing giveaways.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

It is hard to think of spring before I start planting the year's supply of food. To me spring starts the day the onions and spinach are planted.

tommyc03 and lordmarcovan like this.
  10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

And the lettuce! But certainly not after the 18" of snow we got here in Ma. last night. Hope everyone came through safe and sound.

Bambam8778 and lordmarcovan like this.
  11. lordmarcovan

I sure likes me some onions. We used to have really strong wild ramps in our yard when I lived in the NC mountains. They were quite tasty in an omelet.

12. NorthKorea

NorthKorea Dealer Member is a made up title...

Entry Post :

I will give the collection of world coins to one of my nieces, if I win that... if I win the SBA... MINE!!!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. Steven Hufschmidt

Steven Hufschmidt Active Member

14. Clay Bowen

Clay Bowen HaveYouSeenTheWizard?

Entry Post. New to this hobby, and starting on something easy (for me it's Heisei period 100 yen coins, as there are only 30 (possibly 31 - he says he's going to retire next year, but no telling when that will be) and they're in pocket change). I have a bunch of coins left by my father, that have been thrown in a box for years (doesn't appear to be anything all that special - some 60s Mexican silver, etc.) and lots of world coins.

lordmarcovan and Kentucky like this.
  15. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Welcome to CoinTalk, I don't remember the last 100 yen coin I found in pocket change...:)

lordmarcovan likes this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Welcome, and good luck in the drawing later. Nice to see you here.

17. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

"Entry Post"
    Thanks

18. Clay Bowen

It helps if you live in Tokyo :)

Kentucky likes this.
  19. lordmarcovan

If you're in Tokyo and you win, I might not ship this particular lot due to weight and shipping cost. But as I told the other contestants outside the US, if one of you wins, I reserve the right to make a substitution of similar value. You'll get something, regardless, whether it's a single coin of around the same value, or a PayPal gift, whatever. We can deal with that eventuality when it happens.

20. Clay Bowen

I've been very, very lucky with the people in my life, contests not so much so I wasn't too concerned that I might win. If it becomes a matter of shipping, though, I'd be happy to pay the costs (I know shipping to Japan is insanely expensive. Strangely, I can ship to the U.S. for much less...)

21. lordmarcovan

I would take you up on that, but CoinTalk has a pretty strict law that states that winners of contests may not be charged ONE CENT for shipping or anything else. And of course I see the wisdom in that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.