[CLOSED] LordM & Ace71499 giveaway, February 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Entry post.

Thanks for doing this again! What I always love about this hobby is how generous people are. So many people pay it forward.

Stevearino and lordmarcovan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

For the record, the sack o' stuff that's the main prize here consists of the leftovers from a large and really great exonumia bulk lot I got a few years ago. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed picking some goodies out of the main source bag but forgot all about these remnants here until the other day, when I rediscovered the bag inside my grandfather's old briefcase, where I had stashed it all to go through later.

Since I had pretty much forgotten I owned this stuff (and thought I had sold it all), I took that surprise rediscovery on the last day of January as a sign that I should make this my February giveaway!

There are plenty of transit tokens, and some of them may be 70-90 years old. I don't really know, aside from some of them having that "vintage look". As I'm sure you noticed, in the middle of the first picture there is a token with a cutout "P" that says "PRINCETON POWER CO. ST. RAILWAY" on it. I'm sure there are other railroad (or at least streetcar) tokens in there.

Y'know, speaking of little superstitious omens like that, I meant to (but forgot to) buy a "Lucky 7s" scratchoff lotto ticket ($1) the other day, when my car odometer showed this reading.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

As for the prize that I am giving out. I picked a nice solid example out of the bunch... a lot of them had writing and or a corner torn off so I think this prize you guys will like!
    20180203_102841.jpg 20180203_102908.jpg
    @lordmarcovan is so generous for hosting these giveaways and I figured the least I could do is give back to one of the giveaways! I actually won the October giveaway, so this is me paying it back :).

I love the reverse on the old style two dollar bills. Beautiful.

5. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Entry post.

Blown away by @lordmarcovan’s continuing generosity, and impressed with @ace71499’s quick commitment to pay-it-forward.

Had to laugh @Santinidollar’s post. Last month, for perhaps the first time in our 46 years of married life, I tried to gather up all my stashes so I could organize them and get anything valuable into a new large safety deposit box. My wife came upstairs and about had a heart attack.

But if I win, I WILL find a way to store them AND keep my wife healthy.

Steve

Kentucky and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. Nathan401

Nathan401 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Entry post.
    Very generous, as always!

7. ThomasW

ThomasW Member

entry post

Thanks!!

8. lordmarcovan

Thanks! What an exciting find that batch must've been!

ace71499 likes this.
  9. chuck123

chuck123 Active Member

Entry Post

10. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Well-Known Member

Agree completely, LordM is a keeper, not just for the giveaways, but mostly for his knowledge, insight, intuition & contributions to this community (and his ability to change, re: "box of 20")! :smuggrin:

And yes, the reverse is like a Jeff. nickel x40!!! :p

Stevearino likes this.
  11. lordmarcovan

I too have always liked the Monticello reverse on those old $2s but have seldom seen them.

12. anchorsaweigh

anchorsaweigh Member

Entry post! Thanjs for the opportunity!

Cheers

Bob

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. JBK

JBK Coin Collector

Entry post.

Thx!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  14. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

Entry Post.
    Wow. Thanks for keeping it fun!

15. Dentuck2000

Dentuck2000 New Member

"Entry Post."

A delightful melange! Thank you for the chance to explore a fun bag of exonumic goodies.

16. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Entry post. Thank you LordM for your generosity.

Kind regards,

George

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

Sounds like a Fun lot!! That $2 note looks great too. I have an extra holder for one of those that it would look really nice in.:happy:

Thanks @lordmarcovan and @ace71499 for the great giveaways this month:)

lordmarcovan and Stevearino like this.
  18. John L. Caswell

John L. Caswell New Member

entry post

Thanks LordM!

19. lordmarcovan

Hey, welcome to CT! I recognize your avatar from CU. ;)

(I invited my Collectors Universe peeps over here to join in the fun, as long as they got themselves CT credentials to post here.)

20. jack81

jack81 Member

Entry post
    Thanks

21. Nino610

Nino610 New Member

Entry post. Would love this addition to my sons collection. Thanks for the opportunity

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.