Let's See Some Beautiful Notes

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by MorganMan, Nov 25, 2009.

1. MorganMan

MorganMan Member

Ok, I agree that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have so many favorite banknotes I can't even begin to think about which is my real favorite. So post some of your beautiful banknotes. Here is one of mine.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

What are you calling beautiful? Nice colors or what is beautiful to us, the individual?

RickieB

4. MorganMan

MorganMan Member

Whatever is beautiful to you! Personally, I like color and design.

5. RickieB

Well theres no room on here for 400 plus notes...LOL
    and thats a small collection compared to some of the guy's here.
    What area would you like to see? Maybe the World guys will join in and show you..

RickieB

6. MorganMan

MorganMan Member

How about a little bit of anything and everything. I especially like your large U.S. notes RickyB. I have a handful, but nothing even close to the grades that you have. I think the Large U.S. notes are some of the most beautiful notes of all. Too bad they don't make em like they used to.

7. RickieB

Thank you for the compliment.. I am going to rescan some in a short while..
    How about all the Brown Seals??
    Post em here shortly..

RickieB

8. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

As you say, "eye of the beholder", but I've seen some quite interesting discussions on photography forums of trying to codify "beauty". As we know there certainly are strong trends on what folks do and don't think is beautiful. Anyway, leave it to photographers, or maybe philosophers, to come up with the answer.

I will propose one I've offered up before, the French 5000F Flameng note. To me this is just stunning - can you imagine going to the bank one day, and they hand you a couple of these when you cash your paycheck?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dave

9. RickieB

DaveM...WOW that is a stunning note!!
    Beautiful in my eyes!!

RickieB

10. MorganMan

MorganMan Member

Sweeeeet!!!!!!!

11. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Hi MM any chance of a better view of that note? and Dave what can one say a delight to see as allways :hail:

12. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Here are a couple that I realy like LOL

Kingdom of Laos
    100 Kip Multi King Sisavang Vong & Dragons Woman with bowl of roses & Pagoda

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hungary
    10,000 milpengo Portrait of a Girl Value in center & corners

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Saor Alba

Saor Alba Senior Member

After DM posts his Flameng 5K note, you ponder, why bother posting in this thread?:eek:

14. Dave M

Dave M Francophiliac

I dare say you have a reputation of posting many, many beautiful notes, and I never tire of them! The Flameng happens to be my favorite from my collection, but there are certainly plenty of other beautiful notes we all like to see :goofer:

Dave

15. RickieB

Man you guys are posting some really nice notes..
    Here are my 3 favorite and then the Brown Seals

RickieB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. RickieB

Now the Browns...

These notes do something to me...working on that $20 as well...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my favorite Sereis Legal Tender 1880 Notes and to me they are beautiful..

RickieB

17. rosethe

rosethe Junior Member

The notes already posted are STUNNING. :bow:
    RickieB- I've never seen U.S. notes that old. FUNNY MONEY my dad used to say!

I found some notes here, at least they are colorful but not valuable.

Brunei
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Belgium----I like it because there is an alto sax on it.
    [​IMG]

Egypt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guernsey
    [​IMG]

Madagascar---for a deeply impoverished country, they have beautiful notes, people and wildlife (I would have liked to see a better lemur on the note)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Myanmar
    [​IMG]

Netherlands---These notes are over the top!
    [​IMG]
    The dark patch is actually metallic blue!
    [​IMG]

Switzerland--Such a contemporary orientation.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yemen
    [​IMG]

And, without one English word to be found....I think this is a Thai 50 baht. Can anyone confirm?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. MorganMan

MorganMan Member

RickyB, now that's what I call a thing of beauty!!! Hey anytime you feel like helping a fellow Marine out, feel free to send a few of those my way. LOL
    De Orc, I've tried 4 times to get a larger photo of that note, but I can't seem to do it, I must be doing something wrong. I try to increase the size and it must be automatically resized down to about 5kb.

19. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

Yes. It is a 1996 Commemorative Issue.

P99 / C8 - 50 Baht
    Commemorative Issue for HM The King's 50[SIZE=-2]th[/SIZE] Year of Reign, the Golden Jubilee Celebration of His Majesty's Accession to the Throne
    Guardian Polymer Plastic Note
    Front: HM King Rama IX in uniform of the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces at right shadow design in clear area at left, royal seal of the kingdom at upper right, Garuda at upper left (aligned perfectly with the Garuda on the back), the Royal Crest at upper right, the rose design at bottom center is taken from a design on the window facade of the Rajapongsanusorn Hall at the Temple of the Emerald Buddha in Bangkok
    Back: Monument of King Rama VII with the Anantasamakom Throne Hall where King Rama VII granted a permanent constitution in the background, Privy Seal of King Rama VII at upper left
    Printer: Note Printing Works, Bank of Thailand
    Size: 144 x 72 mm

20. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

This is one of my favorites.

[​IMG]

P111 / C13- 100 Baht
    Commemorative Banknote on the Auspicious Occasion of Her Majesty the Queen's 6[SIZE=-2]th[/SIZE] Cycle Birthday Anniversary
    Issued: 12 August 2004
    Serial Number: 9 T 0399439 (in Thai)
    Front: King Rama IX standing next to Queen Sirikit seated
    Back: Queen standing and views of her life
    Size: 72 x 162

The note is 72 mm wide with "72" indicating the 6[SIZE=-2]th[/SIZE] Cycle, or 72[SIZE=-2]nd[/SIZE] birthday. The note is 162 mm high with "162" indicating 1 + 6 + 2 which is the number "9", the same as 7 + 2. Nine indicates the ninth reign of the Chakri Dynasty — All serial numbers for this note begin with the number "9" in Thai.

21. MorganMan

MorganMan Member

Man, some seriously beautiful notes being posted here. Keep em coming. Here is another of my favorites.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted