Laundry US COIN Hunting

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by paddyman98, Sep 24, 2017.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Hi all,
    Lazy Sunday evening doing my laundry. I'm sitting here with my wife and realized that there are US Cents on the floor here and there. Walked around the entire laundry and picked up 5 Cents... One has nice purple toning.... Enjoy :woot:
    20170924_184020.jpg 20170924_184058.jpg 20170924_184220.jpg 20170924_184038.jpg
    I tried to win at the Quarter drop machine with no luck..only lost $1.00 there :depressed: 1506293272569564809059.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

A man after my own heart!

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. ace71499

ace71499 Young Numismatic

Do they have the machines where you insert a dollar and quarters come out? I'd just sit there while the laundry was going.... Although i would leave with my pants on the ground from the weight of the quarters...

tommyc03, furryfrog02 and Kentucky like this.
  5. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

You're an odd one, Paddy... don't change.

No pun.... ;)

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You need to start saving all your change from metal detecting and buy your new bride a washing machine and dryer!;)

green18, Johndoe2000$ and paddyman98 like this.
  7. Kentucky

When we finally moved into a house and were getting the laundry ready to go to the laundromat, me and my wife looked at each other and went out and bought a washer and dryer.

green18, paddyman98 and tommyc03 like this.
  8. BooksB4Coins

A tub/washboard and clothesline/pins don't count. ;)

dwhiz, paddyman98 and Kentucky like this.
  9. Kentucky

O o o o o ...I resemble that remark! :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Funny but true story. Got married in 1978 and had a dumpy over a garage apartment. Six months of a laundromat was enough. I bought the washer first, made a hole in the floor, ran some tubing down to the backside of the building where I sunk a 55 gallon drum in the ground with a foot of pea stone beneath it for drainage and used it that way for eight years with no problem. Bought the dryer the next year and placed it in the garage below, not so funny, rent went up $25.00 a month. But it beat the heck out of the weekly trip dropping endless quarters.

green18, paddyman98 and Kentucky like this.
  11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Been there & done that with my great grandmother. Needless to say but going to her house was not exactly a treat.

paddyman98 likes this.
  12. BooksB4Coins

The good old days! Speaking of which, I brought one of these (type) home some years back...

IMG_1120.JPG

Let's just say it didn't go over very well, even after trying to use perfectly convincing photos of such happy and content women to smooth things over... :)

green18, tommyc03, dwhiz and 2 others like this.
  13. Youngcoin

Youngcoin Everything Collector

Very nice I look at every single coin that lays into my line of sight it's an addiction! But I think that 78 memorial, may be artificially toned because it's in a laundromat and washing/drying products are known to artificially tone coins.

Thanks,
    Jacob

paddyman98 likes this.
  14. Kentucky

However if it NATURALLY got the products on it, would it be artificial or natural? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

paddyman98 likes this.
  15. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Would be a shame if you "tripped" into the side of it knocking some lose ;)

paddyman98 likes this.
  16. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Take my advice, if you have the room put in two (or more) of each so you have your own "laundromat". It will greatly reduce the amount of time spent doing laundry, especially if you have kids, and especially as they get older if you have daughters. It isn't hard for them to go through six towels and two or three outfits a day.

17. Beefer518

Beefer518 Well-Known Member

My 16 year old daughter will do a "load" with 1 shirt.... Drives me nuts.

green18 and tommyc03 like this.
  18. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Maybe get her one of those little table top jobs that work off the sink. College kids use these a lot for just a few things at a time.;)

Draft saved Draft deleted