Kointain Holders

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by shatsi, Oct 22, 2007.

1. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

I want to store my type coins(7070) in Kointain holders. But type coins are all different diameters. And so far I've only come across supply houses that sell them either in 10/pk or 25/pk and I'll have no use for the extras.

Does anyone know where I can buy singles of kointains?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AnemicOak

AnemicOak Coin Hoarder

Never seen them available as singles. I suppose a B&M shop might get the larger packs & sell them individually, maybe. E&T sells them in the quantities you usually see so they'd have to be broken up after the fact which is probably to much work for most sellers.

I have a coin that shipped in one & they're kinda interesting.

4. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

Yes, that's what I've seen too. If I can't find them individually I'll have to buy in those quantities. I don't know what to do with the rest of them.

5. AnemicOak

AnemicOak Coin Hoarder

Any reason for using those over Airtites?

6. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

sell them for a bit less that whay you paid?? you could always sell them off in large bulk lots ...

7. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

Yes.

I'm storing my type set coins in these Kointains before inserting them into Dansco 7070. I don't like dark toned coins so I don't want my type set coins to change color in the Dansco. I know the slots are little smaller than the kointain so I use an electric handpiece to make the slot slightly bigger to insert the kointain holding the coin. Sounds crazy, I know.

Airtites are much thicker and I won't have enough room to grind all the slots to be able to hold airtites.

8. AnemicOak

AnemicOak Coin Hoarder

Makes sense. Hope you find what you need. I thought I saw someone selling multiple size assortments on ebay a while back, but didn't see any just now.

9. shatsi

shatsi Senior Member

I received the kointain holders I ordered. They all came separated by sizes and tops and bottoms separated as well. Only the 15.6 came with 2 rings as well. One's a clear ring and the other is a white ring. The bag gives some directions but I can't understand. Has anyone used them before?

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

That's a great idea!

Draft saved Draft deleted