Kansas City coin shops?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Klunky, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Klunky

Klunky Member

Next weekend I'm driving my very pregnant wife to Kansas City for a bridal shower. The "very" part explains why she isn't going by herself. That being said, I don't think a lone dude is going to fit in very well with a bunch of women at the shower. So I plan on driving around to some of the local coin shops to burn up a few hours. Anyone on here from KC that can recommend where to go? Hope they're open on Saturday afternoons. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Nocents

Nocents New Member

4. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

+1

5. Klunky

Klunky Member

Yea, I already googled it. There are a ton. I was hoping for a local to share which ones he likes and which ones he doesn't. For example, in my city there are 3 coin shops. Two I'll never go back to and the other one I love. Someone taking a trip here might like to hear that kind of thing...that's all.

6. stella

stella The Myth

where in kansas city? i know a great shop in kansas...

also, are you looking to buy? sell?

7. Klunky

Klunky Member

The party is in Mission, so within 10-15 miles or so of there. I just want to look around. I've been more into currency lately, but I collect all kinds of U.S. coins too. Thanks.

8. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

Looking in KC too

Actually, I am also looking for a decent coin shop or two or three in KC. I Googled and I could not get a good idea on the stores what they sell. Any information would be great, thanks.

9. rbren

rbren Junior Member

Greeting, I have quite a few coins and woud like to get the best price for them in the KC area, best prices paid location or person?

10. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Just FYI there is a coin show once a month in K.C. with about 40 dealer tables. This month it is on the 27th. I can't personally recommend any specific shops. Where are you guys driving in from?

11. rbren

rbren Junior Member

Thanks for the info

We just may attend the coin show and check it out.

Thanks again

12. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Any help would be great here as I will be visiting with my sister on the Missouri side of KC in two weeks.

13. danfierce70

danfierce70 Member

I can help you with a few of my favorites and the location of the coin show. Just PM me. :D Hell, if my weekend isn't already planned out for me, I may even be able to play tour guide to an extent.

14. rbren

rbren Junior Member

Thanks for the response

I would be interested in the show location and times, if you have them. The collection that I have, I would like to sell as much as I can. I do have an interested party, but the typical cherry picker.

15. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

We will be in on Thursday, October 1st. I guess on October 2nd we are going to the Great American BBQ cook off there in KC. Can't wait for the ribs. If you know of any shops that are open on Saturday, that would be great if you could share those names. Looks like the family has nothing planned then. Then Sunday off to see the Giants whooop up on KC Chiefs. Fly out monday. Thanks. Joe

16. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Just wanted to send a quick thank you to Danfierce for his list of KC coin shops that he sent me. I was in town this past weekend to see my sister and really wanted to go to a coin shop while I was in town but has busy as we were, it didn't look like I was going to get a chance. But at the last minute I got lucky and was able to visit a shop that was not on Dan's list. My sister remembered seeing a sign next to her grocery store not far from where she lives so we decided to head up there. Low and behold, there was this nice coin shop right next to here grocery store. My brother in law followed me in because he wanted to see what I do, so I couldn't relax and spend much time in there. The guy I dealt with was really nice and I bought some unc franklins off of him. It is definitely a coin shop I would love to revisit and would recommend this to anyone visiting the KC area in Lees Summit, MO.

The name of the shop is Baccus and Rockwell Rare Coins, Inc. They are located 330 SW Blue Parkway in Lees Summit and can be reached at 816-524-7855. He is also an ANA Life member too.

17. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Well, there used to be a pretty nice shop in Overland Park on South Metcalf, but I can't remember the name, nor do I remember where it was. Spent a lot of time there when I was there in 96 going to school for a work promotion. Wish I was more help.
    Guy~

18. ontime1969

ontime1969 Junior Member

I would skip the coins and go eat at Arthur Bryants BBQ best BBQ in the world.

19. Ted Riegel

Ted Riegel New Member

We have moved Bacchus and Rockwell to 619 NW Murray Rd. Thanks for the kind words!

20. PeggyMac

PeggyMac New Member

I realize this thread is old but am also looking for the best place to sell my father's collection. He has a few bills, about 400 Liberty nickels and a few other coins. I've googled for average wholesale values and it's all over the board.

Ideas?

21. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Best way is to start your own post. Go to "Forums" and select one...perhaps "What's it worth" and select New Post. Good Luck

Draft saved Draft deleted