Jamestown Proof $1 and $5 in hand this morning

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Fullbands, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Fullbands

Fullbands Certified Authentic Details

Nice Fed Ex lady just dropped off my Proof Dollar and Five Dollar Jamestown Commems. at the door. I think I like them. Much quicker delivery than I first anticipated. I ordered first day. I think the Uncirculateds are still showing as back ordered, though.

Rick L.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kiyardo

kiyardo Senior Member

Mine got here today as well. They expidited the delivery. Overnight. wow. Anyway, I like the new compact packaging. I wish they would package the multiple coins in set like they used to in 2002 and prior. But, this new packaging is a nice space saving method of packaging comemems. I collect the modern stuff and they take up a lot of space.

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Can you post pics. i would love to see compact packaging. it would be a dream come true.

5. Fullbands

Jamestown packaging on the right, 2003 First Flight packaging on the left.

[​IMG]

Rick L.

Attached Files:

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

thank you so so much. I am happie rnow the mint has finaly got brains. i hope it stays that way even for the gold coins :)

7. Danr

Danr Numismatist

good cond, with coins in plastic?

8. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

My proof was shipped today.I'm not going to bother tracking it though.Too frustrating.The UNC is scheduled to go out in a week.

9. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

Got my Jamestown Proofs a few days ago too... Pretty nice...

How do you guys store all your commems???

I know the mint makes some snappy boxes for putting like 6-10 proofs or mint sets in, but I was wondering about the Commems... Just toss the commem boxes in a tote or something???

10. kiyardo

kiyardo Senior Member

I store them in a safe. I have them all in proof condition. They take up a lot of space. I wish the Mint would have usd this packaging from the beginning, and would continue to offer mutliple coins in sets like they used to before 2003.

11. tcore

tcore Coin Collector

Yeah, that is a lot nicer packaging with the smaller size. Those big boxes for just one coin take up too much space.

On a side note, I see you do a bit of modeling there Fullbands. What do you build? I build Armor myself.

12. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

Armor? Like Samurai's orMedieval Knights Chain Mail or what???

13. Fullbands

Fellow modelers can spot another with ease! Aircraft, since about the mid 70's. So what gave me away? The Micro Set? The MM paints? The general pig sty like work space with an abused self healing cutting mat covered in every substance used by plastic modelers? Busted!

Rick L.

14. alhas

alhas Senior Member

I bought 3 Jamestown Proof silver coins. I am thinking of buying 3 Uncirculated silver coins. Do you folks think that would be a good idea, and why? Thanks!

Al

15. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Buy!

I think it would be a great idea to buy some. Why? Because the sooner the mint sells out, the sooner I can sell my spares!! :thumb: :D :D :D :D

16. tcore

tcore Coin Collector

Yep! The cutting mat, Model Master and Testors paints, Micro Set and the Tamiya box down to the left under the table will get you every time! :high5:

Smullen, I model Armor, meaning things like tanks, DUKWs, artillery, Jeeps, things like that. It's fun! :thumb:

17. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

I got a dented coin. so i sent ti back today the mint is slipping in quality. without the dent the sucker would have come in at pf70. Darn so close yet so far.

18. umtrr-author

umtrr-author Thalia and Kieran's Dad

All of the above :hail:
    A model railroader here. Very similar looking work space though!

And, and not to stray completely off topic, congrats on the purchase :thumb:

Draft saved Draft deleted