Is This a Smart Collector\Investor Move?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by midas1, Nov 4, 2009.

1. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Today or tomorrow I'll recieve a 2009 American GOld Buffalo NGC MS70 first strike
    (paid $1,340.00 including s/h). Ampex is selling a 2006 Gold Buffalo - PF-70 UCAM NGC for $1,489.80 + 25.00 s/h. I'm thinking of trading them the
    2009 AGB NGC MS70 fs I'm receiving and paying them the difference. I'd really like to get a 2006 PF-70 UCAM graded by PCGS. Any recommended vendors for one?

I'm also receiving a 2009 proof Anerican Gold Buffalo from ther mint. I'm thinking of taking it to the Whitman show in Baltimore on November 14th and getting it graded by PCGS. I believe I need to deliver coin in the unopened shipping box to them. If it's graded proof ms 70 will that improve the long term value of the coin?

I've bought three gold coins from Monaco and all of them have been graded by NGC. AMPEX prefers PCGS graded coins and their prices are a few bucks cheaper. I'm liking AMPEX.
    Are there any preferred gold coin vendors used by members of this forum?

I'm assuming a PCGS grade adds more value then NGC is that true?

( http://www.apmex.com/Product/27356/2006_1_oz_PROOF_Gold_Buffalo___PF_70_UCAM_NGC.aspx )

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. boxerchip

boxerchip Runnin' Buffalo

PCGS coins do sell for more than NGC ones, who knows why but they do.
    APMEX is freaking great, love doing business with them.
    I wouldnt sell that buffalo. They will give you only slightly over spot for that coin and the difference will be 400$+

4. midas1

midas1 Exalted Member

Thanks for the heads up on AMPEX Ill do my future business with them. I got involved with Monaco through some stock I own (OMEX which is currently in the toilet.) Monaco was the distributor for coins salavaged by OMEX from the USS Republic. After seeing Chief Bullsit Cameo AGB I gotta get one but I'm not selling
    the AGB for spot when I just paid $1,340.00 for it. I'll keep looking for a PCGS AGB cameo proof and buy it outright.

Draft saved Draft deleted