Interesting new Morgan I got today...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by PersianGuy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. PersianGuy

PersianGuy my.will.is.good

Wish the grade was higher, but I'll keep it. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. raider34

raider34 Active Member

Nice VAM Pers:thumb:

4. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Nice Morgan. :D

5. Computergeek

Computergeek New Member

Ms62 ??

I've seen MS63 & 64's with more cheeky bag marks. Looks like coservative grading. NICE VAM!!

6. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I am going to guess diminished luster from excessive dipping the reason for this grade.

7. PersianGuy

I have to agree that the luster is diminished. How can you tell it has been dipped and why wouldn't they bag an obviously dipped coin?

Thanks

8. CamaroDMD

I was kind of thinking the same thing as the coin has a dulled out appearance. But, it could just be the photos. I have never really seen a coin graded by PCGS that had obviously been over dipped though.

9. PersianGuy

new scans...

Would the fact that it's a VAM perhaps make them overlook dipping? Here are two new pictures I just took...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CamaroDMD

It's possible I suppose. I would also think that the degree of over dipping might affect it. If it's only slight and being a VAM, they might. Does the coin appear to be lacking some luster in hand?

11. PersianGuy

I just put it side by side with another 62 (88-O) and it is very similar in luster. The 88-O is also PCGS graded, but does have a tiny bit of toning going on which makes it more difficult to compare.

Draft saved Draft deleted