Interesting article!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Good read thanks Yankee , now to get the $9,999 worth of silver from germany .
    rzage

4. chip

chip Novice collector

That article was interesting, but still I routinely buy silver bullion for less than austrian philharmonics. I do like the looks of the philharmonic, and I want to get an example for my collection, but to me it does not hold a candle to the ase's or the libertads, the australian issues are also prettier than the euro. And the maple leafs usually sell around here for close to spot, while the euros carry a premium.

5. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

Reden ist Silber. Schweigen ist Gold.

I fail to see the "scam." But for the crossing of national borders within the EU, this could be the USA re the A.S.E. which are tariffed as "dollars." (The American Gold Eagles are nominally $50.)

Robert 'Bobby' Kahre (Google or Bing, etc.) is still in court, as far as I know, claiming that he paid his employees legal tender albeit in gold and silver, below the taxable threshholds.

Quirky as it may be, it only takes a literal interpretation of "One Dollar" and "Fifty Dollars" and so on.

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I don't see a scam here. Today's investment coin might turn out to be the collector's coin of the future.

Draft saved Draft deleted