Interesting 1990 Iridescent Penny

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by iridius, Jan 9, 2007.

1. iridius

iridius New Member

I have an interesting penny I found years ago. It was fresh out of a roll of pennies from the bank (as I got it when cashing a check at the bank).

It looks like brass, but it has an iridescent sheen to it. The year is 1990 and there's a small D under the date (Denver?).

Just curious if anyone has any information about this type of penny.

Thank you!

Iridius

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Iridius,you do have a U.S. 1c. coin.It was struck at Denver.As to its value for an Uncirculated one,I'm not sure myself.If it isn't Unc.,then it is worth 1c.

Aidan.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Iridius:
    Aidan is correct, but even in unc the coni has a very small value.
    However, as for the color, please post a picture. Most likely it is just a different color from toning.

5. XpipedreamR

XpipedreamR New Member

If you took it out of a fresh roll yourself, it probably has full original luster. Combined with a bit of oxidation, even if you can't see it as toning with a capital T, coins like this can show a very neat iridescent glow. I recently opened an original roll of silver Kennedy halves, and some of the coins were almost pearlescent. I think that's probably what's happening here, but if you can manage to capture it in a picture, that would be even better.

Draft saved Draft deleted