Inflation Is Mortally Wounded And Rapidly Fading, Dump Gold?

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article13767.htmlThe evidence as I see it indicates that the precious metals complex, gold, silver, and their shares will be undergoing a severe decline for about eight to twelve months. I believe this corrective process will be the final part of the correction that began in March 2008. That is the bad news. The good news is that once this corrective process bottoms the next phase of the bull market in the precious metals will be a dynamic, explosive, and market shaking process that engulfs the entire world of markets. The “push me, pull you” process that the gold community has endured for over ten years will have morphed into a gold and silver stampede process.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. taurus876

taurus876 Senior Member

Dont believe everything you read.

Gold might go down or it might go up.

I dont know. Neither does the author of that article you quoted.

4. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I agree 100%! but it would be nice to be able to buy more gold and silver on a nice price drop. No one knows the future I am quite sure that "gold mania" will happen in my lifetime and I sure would like to be over stocked with the stuff when it happens!. I am sure others on this forum would like a chance to buy PMs at a good price too. I guess time will tell

5. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

Mr Warren Buffet (the guy with a bunch of money) said and I kind of quote "If one can not see a 50% drop in the stock market without panicking, then they should not be in there". I think this also applies to the metal markets to. I know several people who panicked when the stock market dropped recently and did loose some nice change.

Nobody knows what this world economy is going to do. I wished I did know that way I could be rich and good looking:)

6. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Can you source that quote? A 50% drop in the market is an indication that things are going very very wrong and unlikely to recover quickly. When the opportunity cost is factored in, this would result in a permanent loss of capital that I'm fairly certain Buffett would not be happy with.

And for everyone hoping for a major decline in gold and silver, keep in mind that it is more likely that this would mark the end of the metals bull market and not a buying opportunity. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

7. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Is it also possible that he wants people to drop their gold so he can pick it up?

8. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

I think the point Buffet was trying to make is one should be prepared for the bear market as well as the bull market. If you can not handle these bear market times(not that the metal are having one) one should not be in there. I am sure Mr. Buffet and a lot of people including myself were/are not happy with the downturn in the stock market. Last I have read Buffet is bullish on the PM maket.

Here is a link of Buffet quotes. The one I am referring to is about half way down. I hope this work.

http://beginnersinvest.about.com/cs/warrenbuffett/a/aawarrenquotes.htm

9. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Thanks. Actually I'm surprised he said that because he's also been quoted as saying that Rule #1 is don't lose money, and Rule #2 is don't forget Rule #1. Maybe he just wants to cover all possibilities.

Draft saved Draft deleted