I need to know how much I can sell some painted ASE's I made couls sell for

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by AlexN2coins2004, Sep 18, 2009.

1. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

so I painted alot of my ASEs and I want to sell them...
    what's a good price to sell them for?

I was thinking $20 for the paint job and then $19 for the coin itself so $39

that sound good? :D

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. il_devo

il_devo Junior Member

A good price would probably be something near spot.

Everybody I know who collects SAE's (including myself) stay away from painted coins. The only time they consider painted coins is if the get a great deal (spot or under)... and then they boil the painted coin to get the paint off. Most people like straight silver. :eating:

4. AlexN2coins2004

yea I agree the OP is a nut doing this... :goof:

5. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

Two things I could never understand. First, why would anyone paint a perfectly good coin? Secondly, why would anyone buy such a thing?

6. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

On painted ASE's you should be able to get around $2 over spot for them ,most likely on the Bay. Good Luck.:)

7. AlexN2coins2004

cause the more you get the better it always is...like when I put 9lbs of onions,pickles,cheese,bacon,lettuce,tomato,ketchup,mustard,mayo,pickle relish,chocolate sauce,icecream,sourcream,potato,butter,sauerkraut,green beans, and WHOPPERS! (malted milk balls) on my hamburger. it's GOOD! :D

8. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

About maybe .25 over spot price.

9. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Some might dip their ASE in this mix instead and sell at a premium for the nice toning :) Just funning.

Not surprising, I know a few people who do buy painted coins along with Michael stickered ones.

Jim

10. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Someone who doesn't know about coins might think they are pretty and give what you're asking. But I believe most coin collectors would consider painting to be post-mint damage and offer you melt. Maybe less.

11. JJK78

JJK78 Member

I agree with what most people said, but just wanted to add that I think you did a very nice job painting the coins! I think that you could probably get close to your $39 asking price, but more from an artistic crowd, not the coin collecting community. They do appear to be selling for anywhere from spot price of Silver to $5-$10 over spot for more desireable dates...
    I know my mom would like and appreciate your painted silver and I think that if you enjoy doing it then keep on doing it!

12. AlexN2coins2004

btw this was my spoof of the week :D

13. Blue Angel

Blue Angel Senior Member

Beginning to think you are a spoof per day...

14. djbuna

djbuna Member

15. AlexN2coins2004

16. Mr. Coin Lover

Mr. Coin Lover Supporter**

I think Littleton Coin Company sells these, I'm not sure. If they do you probably won't get the price they do, but it might be close. So you might get some idea there.

No offense but, I will venture to say most people here won't have a good idea on these because they wouldn't consider them.

Draft saved Draft deleted