I made a medal for my coin club

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by dcarr, Feb 20, 2006.

1. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Just made a new 39mm medal for my local (Fort Collins Colorado) Coin Club 50th Anniversary.
    The first ones (for club members only) are satin-finish brass. Next week the proof-like brass and proof-like silver issues will be ready for general distribution.

I took one of the satin brass medals and gave it a toned finish. I think it turned out pretty nice :kewl:

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

WOW that's amazing!!!

4. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Now that I have to say is bloody good :thumb: lets see the rest when you have them done :D

De Orc :D

5. Old Silver

Old Silver New Member

Very nice indeed.

6. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

Gorgeous, much nicer than some of the coins coming out of the mint today. Way to go.

7. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Howdy Daniel
    WOW--that is a nice medal!...how many were made??

Speedy

8. run_run_run

run_run_run New Member

Thats very nice!

9. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Fort Collins Coin Club medal mintages.

Thanks !
    45 of the satin-finish brass were made for club members (like the one shown except without toning).
    There is a mint error on all 45. It was supposed to have a "medal turn" orientation.
    But the press operator set the reverse die rotated 45 degrees CCW, so that the large
    diamond is instead a square in relation to the obverse orientation. The dies were given
    a proof-like polishing before the error was detected. Since these 45 will be the only
    satin-finish pieces, we're going to keep them and not destroy them. They have a smooth edge.

Next week there will be 45 proof-like brass struck with a reeded edge (again for club members,
    and this time with the proper die alignment). Then, 100 proof-like brass (smooth edge) and
    100 proof-like silver ("1 troy ounce silver" on edge) will be struck. Those are pretty much all spoken for.
    After that, there will be an undetermined number of additional proof-like brass and silver pieces made
    available for other collectors not in the club. Sales of those will help offset the costs of making
    the dies, etc.

10. Old Silver

Old Silver New Member

Let us know when they're available.

11. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

:D --I agree but please in the OPEN forum and only after you have 10 post :D
    I would love to see these for sales....but I would like to see them stay and not have to get edited either :D :D

Speedy

12. smithrow1

smithrow1 New Member

Very nice job they look great.

13. dcarr

dcarr Mint-Master

Yes, will do.

14. OldDan

OldDan 共和党

This should be easy to remedy Speedy, why not just give Mr. Carr a couple of hundred of my posts and that way we don't have to wait for the grand showing. I'm willing if it can be arranged. The ball is in your court, so to speak!

15. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

But now what would happen to the anticipation factor if we did that ? :D

16. Pie

Pie New Member

17. Krasnaya Vityaz

Krasnaya Vityaz Always Right

Draft saved Draft deleted