I have a 1963 A 10 dollar Bill...

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by AvgCollector, May 2, 2006.

1. AvgCollector

AvgCollector New Member

I pulled it from the register at work.

Is this worth keeping? If not I will spend it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. xeno108

xeno108 New Member

it depends on the quality of the bill... if it's nice and crisp, you might be able to sell it on ebay for more than face value (depending on the bank it was released from) or hold onto it... it'll just go up in value as time continues

can u post a picture?

4. crispy1995

crispy1995 Spending Toms like crazy**

I want it (not attempting to violate rules)! :D

5. AvgCollector

AvgCollector New Member

It is in alright condition. I will look at it later and post a better description.

6. bzcollektor

bzcollektor SSDC Life Member

If it is circulated, it is not worth much over face value.
    Even circulated 1928 series, 1934 series, and 1950 series common notes are not worth much more than face value. There are exceptions.

7. ericl

ericl Senior Member

Speaking of 1950 series notes. I got a 1950-C ten dollar note in change less than an hour ago, and it seems that some time in 1963, the federal reserve decided to stop promising to pay the bearer ten dollars in "real" momey.

the "this note is legal tender..." stetement is twice as long in the 1950-C than it is in the 1963-A, and the former says in big letters "will pay the bearer on demand Ten Dollars" on the bottom and the latter just says "Ten Dollars"

Why did they do that?

BTW, this is the oldest note I've gotten in circulation since I was a kid and got a series 1933 single in change.....

8. crispy1995

I hope you kept it!!!! Less than 2 hours ago, my grandmother gave me a $100 bill from S-1990.

9. NOS

NOS Former Coin Hoarder

These bills must be saved for future generations, worn or not as they are disappearing fast due to the nazis at the FRBs. If you don't want it, I recommend offering it on here.

Eaglefawn likes this.
  10. xeno108

xeno108 New Member

i don't believe you can offer things in this section... you can post in the "open" forum for items you're willing to rid of :hail:

Eaglefawn likes this.
  11. crispy1995

I completley agree!

Eaglefawn and NOS like this.
  12. Amrase

Amrase New Member

I have a Series 1963 A ten dollar bill also, really crisp also !
    Sorry for bumping this thread I got redirected to this after I looked up things about this 1963a 10 dollar bill, I never guessed to look on when they last responded to this thread ..

13. thecoin

thecoin New Member

So what's "fake momey"? A step mother?:):):):););););)

Eaglefawn likes this.
  14. Amrase

Amrase New Member

lol ^

Eaglefawn likes this.
  15. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I looked up vague in the on-line dictionary, and it referenced this thread.

Eaglefawn likes this.
  16. pumpkinpie

pumpkinpie what is this I don*t even

You should probably start a new thread, since this one started (and ended) in May of 2006

17. Laboa1

Laboa1 New Member

I Have a 1963a 10 Dollar Bill.

Jen04976 and NOS like this.
  18. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Try posting a picture. It is more than likely only worth face value, or a dollar or two over.

NOS likes this.
  19. MatchuClassic

MatchuClassic New Member

I have a 1963 $10 bill and on the back it has a double sided print error, anyone know what its worth?

Eaglefawn likes this.
  20. BigTomato

BigTomato New Member

Generally worth FV through XF..unless it's a star.

21. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but it's the only one listed today dealing with currency. A friend of mine got me started collecting U.S. Currency. Up until this week I had never seen an error note. I got the $1 bill in change at McDs and I have my local bank checking out any unusual bills they may see. They called me and told me to s top by, they found a bill I might want. That's the $5 bill. I live in a rural area and the bank's only 10 minutes away and very helpful.

$1 error note.jpg
    $5 error note.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted