I finally found them! 2009 Cents!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by andy21us, Apr 11, 2009.

1. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

Like a lot of collectors I have been looking for the 2009 cents, going to and calling every bank in my area and I would get the same story. "We do not have them and we are not going to order any":headbang:. And then Thursday night at work I was talking to a co-working and he said that his wife pick up two rolls of the 09 cent at their bank. I call their bank yesterday and they said that they had a few and when I got there this is what I found!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mgChevelle

mgChevelle AMERICAN

That's awesome! I havent found any. Let us know what you find

4. Danr

Danr Numismatist

jack pot!!!

5. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

6. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

Cha-Ching!!!!

7. ChrisKampmann

ChrisKampmann Member

Wow! Wanna put a couple on ebay for 1 cent, I would buy it now!

8. Pismo500

Pismo500 Member

Nice find! Were they "P"s or "D"s?

9. covert coins

covert coins Coin Hoarder

Nice find. I haven't found any yet.

10. Thats really neat! Are you going to be selling any?

11. hfd12316

hfd12316 Senior Member

Sure, I get one in my change at work and almost do a backflip! Thought I had quite a find until now lol! That makes me think that they are maybe being released into circulation. My 10 rolls from the Mint must not be far behind!

12. dermeat1

dermeat1 Junior Member

This is a good one ...my 7 yr old daughter had a friend spending the night a few nights ago and I was going through some wheat pennies and she looked at me in passing and said I got 2 2009 pennies today at publix. So the next morning I go straight their ,,,,lied and said I was just handed a couple 2009s and did they have a few rolls I could buy. SHE LET ME BUY ALL 14 ROLLS THEY HAD LEFT IN THAT BOX!! It was nice to be on the good side of luck for a change!

13. dermeat1

dermeat1 Junior Member

Oh yeah and the ones I got were p's

14. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

There D's

I will put a few on ebay, keep a few, and the rest I will trade.

I talk to the Bank Teller that orders the coin and she said that they may have a few more boxes come in next week and she will hold a box for me.

15. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

NICE!!!!!
    Still none in Southern New Jersey, only 10 minutes away from the Philadelphia Mint!!!! :headbang::headbang:

16. Nice! I can't believe you found an entire box!! My bank had them but the teller let me only get like 8 rolls or so.

Congrats on the find!

17. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

And how many has the mint produced so far? :)

18. Andrew67

Andrew67 Clueless

Zillions?

19. ChrisKampmann

ChrisKampmann Member

I could not help myself, I bought some off ebay for 5 bucks! The worst investment I have ever made. Maybe I will find some series 2 pennies to make up the difference. LOL!
    Chris

20. andy21us

andy21us Coin Hoarder

What is the differance to the teller, it should not matter if you are wanting 8 or 800, she or he should have give them to you if they had them! I thought a bank was first come first served. What are they the money police now!

21. hfd12316

hfd12316 Senior Member

Can't make it up! Got my shipping confirmation today lol! Should have found that 2009P weeks ago.:D

Draft saved Draft deleted