I cant believe this $50,000 gold item this Saudi man bought!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. danisanub

danisanub Finance Major

wow now that's a waste of bullion

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What a freakin' rube....

5. bama guy

bama guy Coin Hoarder

For some people, this amount of money is pocket change. Nice conversation piece I would think

6. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Uh oh... I don't think you can say that on 50's TV...

7. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

The True Ethic of Capitalism

That item comes to your attention specifically because of its sexual nature. Otherwise, baubles are common enough: silver Royces, robot jockeys for camel races, read about it if you care to.

In the Winter 2009 semester, I had a graduate class in international monetary economics. The group fell into four approximate groups: Saudi Guys, Chinese Girls, Other Places, and three Americans.

It was pretty clear to me that by mid-century, if not sooner, all the Saudi guys are going to be working for the Chinese girls. Like the laws of physics and mathematics, economics is descriptive. Worldwide voting could not change the value of pi. By the same standard, those who do not earn their wealth do not value it.

One of the hidden virtues of successful aristocracies, such as America's colonial families, is that their children do, indeed earn their positions... and those who do not may get to live in a paid-for home on an estate, but to pay the bills, they divest the antiques, fail to find good spouses, and just fall off the registers entirely when the line dies out.

Saudi Arabia's oil wealth only dates to 1920 when the British fleet converted from coal to oil.

Give them time.

8. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I didn't find anything offensive in this public news story. No cuss words or non medical terms. I just found the story funny! I only hope when the price of gold rises and he decides to sell his "item" that he washes it real good!. LOL!

Draft saved Draft deleted