How to find info on NGC coin registration number

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Jetskifast, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Jetskifast

Jetskifast Junior Member

Have NGC slabbed penny with NGC registration number 1983843-001 Have googled, looked at NGC website for info on coin registration number.
    NGC offer simple way to find out info on coin registration nuimber? Would like to know when coin was graded, whatever else info on registration number provides.
    Grading companies are new to me, most of my coins have been purchased directly from mint over last 30 years.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

you must join the NGC collector's society (costs about $100) to have access to their cert id verification tool.

My account is no longer active so I can't look it up for you, but IIRC it just tells you what the correct coin should be in that holder and none of the other info you are looking for.

4. Jetskifast

Jetskifast Junior Member

Thanks for info.
    Being old copper penny, would think date grade was made would also be listed?
    Copper can change from red to brown.

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

IIWY, I'd call NGC's customer service telephone number...Mike

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

The date the coin was slabbed is never listed. But there is a book - Third Party Grading/Certification Services and Slab Certificate Varieties by Conder101 - you can look up the slab in that book and tell approximately when it was slabbed. Or, Post a good clear pic of the slab, both sides, and I'll look it up for you ;)

7. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Yes, it is a valid number

Coin Description: USA-1C1909 S VDB
    Grade: MS 64 RD
    Graded By: NGC

btwJoining is free, but you do not get all the benefits of the paid membership.

8. Jetskifast

Jetskifast Junior Member

Thanks, thats my new baby ;)
    Starting to add older slab coins to my collection.
    Learned from this board to only buy NGC, PCGS, IGC, ANACS slab coins.

9. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

Man, you do not take little steps, do you?

10. Jetskifast

Jetskifast Junior Member

Last 30 years been buying most everything Mint sells. Do have large modern coin collection.
    Its time to get into the old stuff.:hammer:

Draft saved Draft deleted