How do you prefer your Proof photos?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by NPCoin, Jun 2, 2006.

?

How do you prefer your Proof coin photos?

Poll closed Jun 9, 2006.
  1. Darkenned fileds with the devices blast!

21 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Blast white fields with darkenned devices!

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. I like them half and half!

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

I'm in the process of beginning the photography portion of my collection organization. Obviously, I'm going to share these photos with others through the internet, so I'd like to get some opinion on how you like your photos of proof coins, darkenned fields and blast devices, blast fields and darkenned devices, or the half&half approach?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Charlie32

Charlie32 Coin Collector

I like the first one best. It shows the cameo devices and mirror fields.

Charlie

4. Howdydoo

Howdydoo New Member

I'd have to go with the first one. The last 2 look like they were enhanced by a photo program and just don't
    seem to represent the actual coin. IMO.

5. samjimmy

samjimmy New Member

Gotta work on the focus after you get the lighting the way you want it. I don't know how I like it. Nice to see the Cameo (first one) and the other don't seem to really show that. I suppose that's one of the main draws for proofs.

6. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

My favorite proofs are those coins with some toning on them.

7. Old Silver

Old Silver New Member

I like the images the Mint uses for their proofs. They seem to capture the elements of all 3 images. I also think that a combination of photography and CAD are needed to produce the image you really want.

8. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

Or vice versa.:smile

Attached Files:

9. CoinOKC

CoinOKC Don't Drink The Kool-Aid

NPCoin, I like the cameo effect of the 1st pic in your post above.

Mikjo0, I love that Brittania, BTW... I just bought my first Britannia the other day... I don't know why I waited so long; I think it's an absolutely beautiful coin. I plan on getting the rest of the series soon. My favorite depiction is the one you posted where's she's standing on the edge of the ocean defending England. The other one I like is when she's riding in her chariot.

10. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

YN...I like that too.When I first noticed the toning,I was upset but now I'm keeping my eye on this puppy,hoping it will turn completely orange.
    I haven't looked at in in over a year so I'll take a new pic..Coming along nicely I think.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted