horribly fingerprinted proof IHC

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by DJCoinz, Jun 3, 2007.

1. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

Ugghhh, look at those fingerprints. There's no way that coin belongs in a PR63 holder. Also there's no way it's RB. BN all the way.
    link

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Not only that, but looks like some old dipping possibly? Don't know much about IHCs, but that shine doesn't look natural IMHO. Just something about it. Might be a nice looking cent though, that is if it didn't have those prints.

Phoenix :cool:

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

For all that we know that could be the finger print of some one very important, like a future president, or Teddy Roosevelt, before the Rough Riders.
    Or: Not.

5. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

While I agree, the fingerprint does take away from the look of the coin, but I don't see any wear. I think PR-63 is a good grade.

Ben

6. acanthite

acanthite ALIIS DIVES

Just think what those fingerprints are going to look like in 10-20 years.

7. DJCoinz

DJCoinz Majored in Morganology

I don't see any wear either, but the fingerprints should have made it grade lower, IMO. Maybe PR61.

8. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Not sure, but it might of went higher without the finger print. I also thing pr63 is fine for the grade.

9. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

what a shame

10. Jako lipo

Jako lipo New Member

ya i agree it should be lower but in a way the fingerprints are kinda neat looking on the coin sorta like part of the design

11. Shortgapbob

Shortgapbob Emerging Numismatist

I don't know if it should be lower...definitely a coin that would need to be seen in hand. I actually think that the coin has the attributes to possibly be graded higher, but the fingerprint keeps it in a 63 holder.

It's also possible that the fingerprint showed up after the coin was holdered.

I just wonder how bad the fingerprint looks in hand, compared to a blown up picture.

Draft saved Draft deleted