Hong Kong coin show is over...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by tradernick, Sep 5, 2005.

1. tradernick

tradernick Coin Hoarder

It was not quite what I expected. Only 4 or 5 U.S. dealers. I was able to buy a few things for the shop but nothing amazing. I sold nicer stuff than I bought. We'd accumulated some exotic asian stuff and some better world paper at the shop and I took it with me and was able to sell most of it, though I'm bringing back the Malasia tin hat money, a rare Martinique note and some other goodies that I was certain I'd sell here.

And no, I didn't buy any U.S. silver dollars here :) although the fakes were in abundance. I did see a group of PCGS proof trade dollars that I liked but they were being sold as I got to the table....missed again, dangit!

Now here's the best part. All the dealers have departed and I'm completely alone on the far side of the globe for another week <insert evil laugh here>.
    Now the fun and exploring can begin. I've already gotten lost once in the city...intentionally. Now to take a bus tour into the country, split away from the tour (with the tour guides blessings of course) and get REALLY lost lol. I just have to get over this queasy stomach I acquired from some weird shark fin dumplins yesterday. :eek: Ah well, I bet Marco Polo didn't whine about things like that so I won't either.

I may post more later, or may just post again when I get home and get caught up again.

Best to all,
    Nick Boyd
    tradernick

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Sounds like you had a nice time!!...

Speedy

4. bulldawg

bulldawg Senior Member