Hilarious eBay Auction

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Slu, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Slu

Slu Senior Member

This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in eBay's coin section...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rolleyes:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Slu,that braindead vendor obviously needs to have his or her head put down the pan & getting flushed.

Aidan.

4. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Hello,

This is really hilarious and great idea : every consequent collector would like to seat on their treasure...

Cucumbor

5. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

I have one that is just pennies.

6. gatzdon

gatzdon Numismatist

Doesn't Scrooge McDuck use that seat?

7. Rono

Rono Senior Member

You guys are all making fun and joking, but I would think that every SERIOUS coin collector would want one of these - perhaps more than one. You could have a different one for every bathroom.

just trying to help,

rono

8. Shortgapbob

Shortgapbob Emerging Numismatist

9. smullen

smullen Coin Hoarder

Home Depot or Lowes, or one of the local joint had one of those a year or so ago.... I wanted it...

10. Topher

Topher New Member

Is that a silver dollar (or clad) right in the center? It's the right size, but the glare prevents me from seeing detail. It must be, because I can clearly see a Kennedy, and he is smaller than that one.

11. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

That is awesome! I love it! How much is it going for? That is really cool. :cool:

Phoenix :cool:

12. Booner

Booner Member

That's hilarious. Just did an ebay search for "toilet set coins." There are about five listed. Going for close to $200.00!

13. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

14. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I really hate to ask....but why? These are hunted by alot of coin collectors and most of the time go for a few hundred dollars each.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that the vendor is braindead...and please try to keep away from calling names on the forum. Even if it isn't a CT member it isn't nice.

Speedy

15. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

Maybe at a coin shop, it would be OK.

16. JeromeLS

JeromeLS Coin Fanatic

Why would it be OK at a coin shop and not on Ebay ?

17. Slu

Slu Senior Member

Yep. Here are the other two images from his listing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bit off-topic: Would someone please explain the rules here at Coin Talk about linking to eBay auctions? I hesitate to link to this auction because I'm not sure what the policy here is. Thanks :)

18. Doug21

Doug21 Coin Hoarder

I mean installed on a turlet at a coin shop in the bathroom, as opposed to in a home.

C'mon that thing is very tacky lacking, doesn't fit any decor.

19. Bacchus

Bacchus Coin Duffer

:hammer:

You have to match the decor to the seat.

:)

20. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Boy, talk about slabbed coins! This catches on, you want to remember, buy the coin, not the toilet seat. :D

21. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Actually what is wrong with such toilet set. A silly but amusing way to advertise it really. In my opinion, innovative. Why not, if you can show your coins to people, that's good. I have seen people mounting coins on walls, in taxis, etc. Why not toilet seats?

Imagine if you had guests coming over to your home. With that, I'm sure they will notice that you are a crazy coin nut :p

Draft saved Draft deleted