hi everyone

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by heresgin2, Mar 17, 2005.

1. heresgin2

heresgin2 New Member

i know i spend alot of time in here!!!---ok i have this coin--lol---i dont know what it is ---tell me anything you know--on the front it says--victoria dei gra britt regina fid def ind imp--it goes around her head---on the back it says one penny---the date is 1901---any info would be great--i posted some pics if they are not good enough please let me know i will try again!!!!thanks---if i missed any thing let me know

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bluegill

Bluegill Senior Member

Ooh, those are dark pics. Looks to me like a British penny with Queen Victoria? I know other posters could give you more info--especially if you posted lighter pics.

4. satootoko

satootoko Retired

The legend reads "Victoria, by the Grace of God Queen of Britain, Defender of the Faith, Emperess of India."

Based entirely on your description - not your pictures - , the coin is 9.45g of bronze, about 31mm in diameter, and was part of a 22,206,000 mintage in year of Victoria's death.

You forgot to mention that the "ONE" is to the left, the "PENNY" to the right, and the date below, an image of a seated Britannia.

They are fairly common, valued at only 30¢-$5 in circulated condition, and not a whole lot more uncirculated.

5. heresgin2

heresgin2 New Member

hello!!

Thanks So Much For Your Help--im Having So Much Fun Researching Our Coins --thanks To All Of You Guys:}

6. cmbdii

cmbdii New Member

Good! Its always nice to hear of a fellow collector having fun with coins!

Draft saved Draft deleted