Hebrew date - 10 Agorot Hanukkah, 1986 or 1996?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by NPCoin, Aug 27, 2006.

1. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

I have an Israeli 10 Agorot, hanukkah variety, but the date does not coincide with the hebrew dating that I am familiar with. The date on the coin is simply He-Tav-Shin"Vav, which does not translate out to a proper date for this series. 1986 would be He-Tav-Shin-Mem"Vav and 1996 would be He-Tav-Shin-Nun"Vav. The other possibility is He-Tav-Shin"Nun with Nun being written with the seriph pointing down instead of toward the left, as it normally is. Since I do not have any Israeli 1990 dated coins, I cannot compare the seriph type. Can anybody enlighten me regarding the 1990 seriph type? (if I had hebrew fonts, I would enter the characters for you, and I'm tuckered out from taking pictures at the moment.)

I'm just curious if this is a 1986 or 1996 with a date error or if it's a 1990 with alternate seriph variety. Thanks alot. If pics are absolutely needed, I'll try to tfind time for it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Your avatar is awesome/hilarious.
    Sorry I can't help with the hebrew date. I have no idea of the year of my Israeli coins either.
    But, if my memory serves me correctly, there was a post about this the other day, and someone said to search the forum for "jewish date converter"

4. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

5. NPCoin

NPCoin Resident Imbecile

Thanks for the replies!

Draft saved Draft deleted