Hawaii quater dollar

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by craig a, Jan 16, 2009.

1. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

A while ago I went to safety deposit box auction. Here's what I purchased. I think Very fine. what do you guys think? thanks.

Attached Files:

• 301.JPG
      301.JPG
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
    • 302.JPG
      302.JPG
      File size:
      64.4 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

Looks like a very nice coin there. Make sure you get this checked out, a lot of fakes are going around. But this one looks okay to me :D

4. ryanbrooks

ryanbrooks Active Member

BTW, lovin' the toning! :)

5. craig a

craig a Coin Hoarder

I did check it out at a good coin dealer here. The weight matched. Thanks.

6. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

The newer counterfeits have the correct weight and even the correct silver composition but I agree with Ryan, this one looks good! :D I wish I had beat you to it. ;)

Great find! :thumb:

Ribbit :)

7. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

i like the 2008 alaska bear quarter. the design is so beautiful. just like the chinese panda. the hawaii quarter is simply o.k. and it was the last statehood quarter. i also like oklahoma and iawa quarters. there were the lowest mintage. honestly. virginia quarter is the best design. those quarters with high premiun on it. i simply do not like any of them.

8. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

It's a nice quarter man. I've seen a few of them and it looks spot on with the rest. Nice buy.

9. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Elaine, he is talking about a Hawaii quarter, not a Hawaii State Quarter.

I like the coin and I think the detail grade is better than VF probably XF-40, but I suspect a light cleaning long ago and the color has returned nicely. It's a coin I would be proud to own

10. atom61211

atom61211 New Member

very cool man, i thought this was a thread about the state quarter, lol

11. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

frankly i am not able to judge the coin since its from Hawaii i love Hawaiian coins :thumb:

12. weasle94

weasle94 Junior Member

I have the dimes (3) and a quarter and a dollar 1883 . I want a half dollar to complete it . Sent out this quarter to be graded

Attached Files:

13. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Looks nice, here's my dime. These go up in a short amount of time. Seems to me anyways. Come to think of it, I need to have mine checked out as well.:bow:

Attached Files:

14. cesariojpn

cesariojpn Coin Hoarder

Get it checked out as well. Hawaii Coinage are notoriously known to be harshly cleaned as well.

15. weasle94

weasle94 Junior Member

Nice coin . It was 1883 .Long ago before the US pushed the KIng and the queen out for Dole Pineapple and other Sugar plantation interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted