Good News for Gold Buyers

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I guess if someone wrote it on the internet it must be true. No need to think anymore about it. Now it has to happen. It was on the internet.

5. Khef

Khef Newbie to casual

I would offer a rebuttal and replace the word gold with oil. You can find dozens of internet analysts' articles that supply outpaces demand for oil just similar to gold. There was even a Kitco article thread from someone gold extractor/refiner that his company is pricing gold in at 750. Or look at the articles for plat/palladium. It will zoom up when manufacturing rebounds in very short order. Well there isn't any manufacturing news I've read that this is picking up.

I have no clue where it will go. I hope down some to make the buffalo proof more affordable. But until speculators go somewhere else it will just bounce around like oil and other commodities. I wouldn't want to be buying anything.

6. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Looks like they were wrong....gold was going down but just for that one day.

Now it's starting to go back up along with silver...

I wonder how many people were waiting? :crying:

7. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Gold is in a strong bull market. The pullbacks are likely to be less than most people would like to see. Right now people hope to be able to buy at $925. Next year it will be $1,025, and the year after that at $1,225, and so on. Most likely they will miss the entire move. When the price dips enough to enable them to buy, it is likely that the bull market will have ended and they will buy 10% below the all-time high price on its way to a 50%+ drop. That's the way markets work and that's why so many people lose money.

8. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

lol, this seems so true. You know there are people out there when gold was $800, and they were JUST waiting for that drop to say $750 before they will buy again....then it went to $900....so on and so on...

I think you're right, and when the new floor continues to be set, there will always be those that are JUST waiting for it to go down a wee bit more....

Eventually if gold ever gets to $2,000+, it will be out of the reach for many people. And how many married men can get permission from their wives to spend that much on a coin...no matter how much logic you try to convince the "boss" with....

BTW: I shouldn't say spend, more like convert....

9. greg starkey

greg starkey Junior Member

Go figure, I just spent $1,439 for the 2009 St Gauden UHR. I procrastinated in hopes it would go down and in fact went up significantly.

10. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

I think it was the right move. I have some banking issues that I need to resolve so I was unable to purchase some gold 2 days ago when it dipped pretty low. At least in my eyes.

Hope to resolve it today and purchase some more PM's. Even at $1043, I still think it's a bargain....same with silver....

11. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I hear ya' on the "boss" comment!! Thank you, if she comes in here I'm gonna show her. Oh on second thought, I'm safer not doing anything at all. :D

12. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

lol, you know, using the "see, I told you so" doesn't always work. Especially when THEY know they're wrong or you make them look foolish...

Pick your battles... :D

13. Morgan1878

Morgan1878 For A Few Dollars More..

A check of the top 25 performing mutual funds over the past 10 years will tell you that about half of these are precious metal funds. 90% of the other half are funds invested in Latin America.

Most investment portfolios will not have either of these investments represented since the overall view of most investors and financial advisors is that they are better served by sticking for the most part with U.S. stocks and bonds.

People miss out on bull markets in other types of investments because they don't take the time and effort to learn a little something about macroeconomics and how the world is evolving. It's easier for them to stick with the devil they know instead of the devil they don't know.

Draft saved Draft deleted