Good buying time may be coming soon!

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

shoot, I haven't stopped buying

4. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

I was worried there for a minute until I saw that the article was in Barrons. They have one of the worst track records of any business publication. I don't know how anybody can think gold is too popular when almost nobody, especially institutionsl, holds a significant amount of gold in their portfolios. I think any price under $1000 will look pretty good when gold hits $2000.

5. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

As inflation really takes root in a way everyone can easily see, inflationary expectations will soar and investors will seek assets that thrive in inflationary times. Of course this means commodities, primarily gold and silver.
    Unfortunately most mainstream investors are still sitting on the sidelines in cash, too wounded from the panic to even think about stocks again. But this ostrich approach will prove disastrous. The kinds of inflation this M0 ramp portends will steamroll cash, rapidly eroding its purchasing power. As mainstreamers realize this, the capital that will flood into commodities and their producers’ stocks should be breathtaking.
    The bottom line is the panic money-supply growth in the US has been very excessive, running at multiples of economic growth. And in the case of narrow M0 money, the doubling in four months is literally unprecedented. It scares me. With so much new money in the system, and the Fed totally unwilling to undo this terrible inflation over the six months since, rapidly rising prices are inevitable.
    We’re on the verge of the first inflation scare of the modern era, a time when epic panic buying into hard assets and their producers is increasingly likely. Investors who ignore these dire tidings will probably get crushed by the inflation. But investors who prudently study the dangers and deploy their capital to thrive in them will make fortunes. Mark my words, the money-supply data shows big inflation is coming.

6. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Yankee are you saying to put your money into stocks .
    rzage

7. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

BUY GOLD AND SILVER not stocks

8. Danr

Danr Numismatist

I hope that they are correct! It will bring down the mint's gold prices!

9. Cloudsweeper99

Cloudsweeper99 Treasure Hunter

Hope isn't a very good investment strategy.

10. Danr

Danr Numismatist

yet.....

11. Boss

Boss Coin Hoarder

Awesome information. Thanks for sharing. Time to buy gold!!

12. Chicago Slim

Chicago Slim Junior Member

+1

I have recently rebalanced my portfolio, and have been accumulating gold in the 850 to 930 range. I'm expecting another dip in price this summer.

13. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

I am still waiting for a pullback to $900 or less. I dont know if it will get down there though. If the price does get down there I want to buy 2 more ounces of gold. But will it ever get there? My last buy was at $954 and change. I guess we can hope anyway

Draft saved Draft deleted