Gold PS3 is gold, costs five grand

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Yankee, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Yankee

Yankee Senior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

A gift for the Arab who has everything......

4. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Aint that the truth!!

5. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

too funny!!:thumb:

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Wow, I wish I could buy one of those for my son. Not that he needs it but if I could afford one I'd be doing really well. :D

7. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

This console has "look at me look at me!" written all over it....

8. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I was thinking it has "steal me" written all over it.

9. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Amazingly enough, it doesn't even have close to $5K worth of gold on it.

If I want it that bad, I'll rather by the PS3 for $299 and buy some gold spray paint....hey....that's an idea!!

10. AlexN2coins2004

AlexN2coins2004 ASEsInMYClassifiedAD

1st how much gold you guys think is on that PS3 console?
    2nd how much gold you guys think is on those controllers?
    3rd how much gold you guys think rubs off those controllers when your mad mashing those buttons in an intense video game?

I think I would would stick with coins or ANYTHING! else for that matter and leave those silly people to wash that gold off their hands and into the sink, watching it just go down the drain? I also wonder how much I can get a 24 carat salad shooter for...:D

p.s. does the 1 year warrenty apply to the gold or the console? :D

11. JHXHD

JHXHD Metal Detectorist

Wow....I have a X-Box 360 Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition. Only $390.00 dollars.

12. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

I was thinking the same thing about #3. Sweaty hands, 5 hour game play, it's got to rub off at some point....

13. AlexN2coins2004

and to think you could have got a 1/4 AGE that doesn't break with the red rings of death. :eek: Aka: A video game console that serves now as trash can filler...

14. JHXHD

JHXHD Metal Detectorist

Gezze....you people take this stuff to seriously and to the wrong way. I only collect coins when I'm out detecting. Right now, there's 2 Feet of snow. Cnat detect. I Need something to do.

15. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

lol, true.

But let the guy live a little!

Some days I get so crazy about what I could have bought instead of spending it on clothes (which I rarely do), bluray movies, computer gear, FOOD!!

It kills me to even think when gold 1oz was $600 a couple years ago and it didn't peak my interest to invest in it....

16. AlexN2coins2004

yea I know I was kidding around I got an xbox 360 and that was back in 2005 when I could have got a 1oz AGE I bet and I like to mash the buttons ever so often CALL Of Duty FTW! :D

JHXHD:I know how you feel we got over a foot of snow where I live. so mash mash mash away :D get the value out of that console before the 720 comes out or the 1440 a year later :D

17. Magman

Magman U.S. Money Collector

This is odd.
    I think it's cheaper to dismantle it, and have it gold plated yourself. Probably wouldn't even come close to $5k...

18. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

The average person can look around their home and could have bought so much gold back in the days instead of all the objects they have now. (which I call clutter. :D)

Just give me my PM's, some entertainment, a nice car & home and that's all I need....

I'm a huge sports fan (baseball/football) and you can't even tell from my home since I have no sports memorabilia anywhere...I've also stopped going to games....I'll rather invest my sinking USD's into PM's...

19. AlexN2coins2004

As taken from the movie step brothers:
    Did we just become best friends? I hear you loud and clear! :D

(translation: I completely agree and I have been implementing the same thing no need to spend money of clutter that only serves to hurt your back when your moving it around. GO HUSKERS but I only own my husker shirt from 8 years ago...yea I do take care of it btw)

20. fools_gold

fools_gold Junior Member

Oh yeah, at least it's useful as you can wear it. I have a couple NY Giants and Yankees shirts as well....

When I see those NFL commercials though selling all this gear, and that "you're not a fan, if you don't own these", just makes me roll my eyes. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile the teams have no problem blowing their money on non-performing players and sticking it to the fans to pay for it.

But YOU, the fan, must come to the games and pay $10+ for a beer to "experience" it....ohhh puhleeeze! :rolling:

Don't even get me started on PSL's!

21. AlexN2coins2004

That's why I try to stick to college sports :D they are not all about the money of course it's steadily changing and it's not for the good...

Draft saved Draft deleted