Gold Euros?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Coin Chick, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Coin Chick

Coin Chick Loves Gold

Will Europe be making gold Euros?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinman

coinman New Member

Gold Euro coins are already sold from Holland, Germany, France and Spain

4. Coin Chick

Coin Chick Loves Gold

Do you have a link to their websites where I can see these?

5. coinman

coinman New Member

Check this site... I haven't added commemorative coins at my own site yet but I will be doing some additions to Euro Report II soon and will see if I can do it.....

http://www.eurogedenkmuenzen.net/frames/gedenk.htm

Have fun collecting!

6. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

... and also Austria. Later this year, Belgium and San Marino (and probably the Vatican) will follow.

Christian

7. snowzone

snowzone New Member

i never really had any interest in gold coins (from anywhere) i'm more interested in circulated coins (in relatively good shape).

i suppose gold coins are a good investment but they never 'meant' anything to me :) weird eh?

8. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Same here. I bought the last German "Mark" gold coin and its first "Euro" gold coin, primarily as a memory. That will probably be it, as far as I am concerned. Don't know if gold is actually a good investment in the long run, but at least a gold coin will always be worth its material value ...

Guess that also answers Coin Chick's question: "Europe", or in this case the euro countries, "will" not make any gold coins since they have already been around for quite a while ;-) Austria issued its first Philharmonics (bullion) gold euros in early January, some other countries followed later, some countries have not issued any gold euros yet. Of course all these coins are collectors items and not intended for circulation.

Christian

9. Crito

Crito New Member

Here's the last greek drachma
    [​IMG]

Saw a picture of gold euro with owl, don't know if they were ever released, however.

10. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Nice coin. Who's the person on the front of that Drachma?

11. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

That is Laskarina Bouboulina; she also appeared on earlier "regular" 1 drachma coins. This page has some biographical info about her:
    http://www.undelete.org/woa/woa05-13.html#1

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted