Gold Eagles??

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by shovel78, Oct 21, 2009.

1. shovel78

shovel78 Junior Member

Every thing i can read, there were no eagles produced 2009. Look at the production numbers from the mint and there is 2009 eagles listed. Where are they?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

4. BNB Analytics

BNB Analytics New Member

Those are gorgeous coins.. I gotta get a few.

5. Amused To Death

Amused To Death Junior Member

6. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

buy the cheapest one. forget about ms70 or slabbed. modern coins were almost all perfect by using your two eyes to see.

7. shovel78

shovel78 Junior Member

I have it now, i did not know that the mint sold only the burnished to dealers. I learned this on the bufs. I thought that all coins were available to us. Thanks

8. andrew289

andrew289 Senior Analyst

No, burnished coins are considered "collector coins" and they are sold to collectors directly from the mint's website but not this year.

Bullion distributors sell "business strikes" non-burnished coins not collector coins. The 2009 eagles being sold do not have the W mintmark and are not burnished.

All coins that are minted are available to anyone..some you can only get from the mint and some you have to get from bullion distributors or dealers.

9. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

why does the usmint pricing guide put the 09 eagle 1/2 at $675, taking spot right now is $1055, and apmex is preselling them at $580.69, is the price guide wrong?

10. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

the apmex price is the 1/2 oz. bullion price. the price chart 1/2 oz. from the u.s. mint is for collector's only. those two coins are different. one without mintmark is the bullion coin. one with (w) mint mark is the collector's coin.

p.s. the mint did not produce the 2009w 1/2 ounce gold uncirculated for collectors. the 2009 1/2 ounce gold bullion uncirculated from apmex is a presale. and will be deliver on december, 2009. yes. the price for collectors is quite expensive. but sometimes its price just go up. a lot of time, the collector's products is much better than bullion products. even the offer price is very expensive.

11. silvermex

silvermex Junior Member

oh thanks for clearning that up

12. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Yeah, That was a little confusing...

Draft saved Draft deleted