gold coin

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by cc51, Mar 10, 2007.

1. cc51

cc51 Senior Member

im really stuck on what i should do. i want to buy a gold american eagle but the thing is i dont know what size i want. im kinda drawn toward the 1/10 of an oz because of its price but am worryed about its size a littel bit. since im a teenager im i cant really dish out 670 dollars for a one once gold age ( even thought i would really liek to own a gold coin that big) but agin for about 120$ more you can buy a 1/4 ounce gold. im really stuck i what i should purchase. also do you think i should go for proof or uncirculated? and yet agin i could allways go back to silver ( i think silver in the next 50 years is going to sky rocket above gold) any comments or suggestions would be great

thanks for looking (p.s the people here a cointalk are great. people here really go out of there way to help young collectors like me out)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

It depends. Are you looking for bullion investment purposes or nusmismatic purpose? If nusmismatic purposes, I'd go with the proof. They are simply gorgeous. But that's just me and my tastes. Also, go with whatever you like. We can give suggestions, but it's all up to you. Be sure to tell us what you decide. :D

Phoenix :cool:

4. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

Buy this, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Attached Files:

5. satootoko

satootoko Retired

I usually stay out of investment threads, but I'd sure be fascinated to hear what economic theories or trends you base that opinion on. The value relationship of gold to silver has consistently had gold worth multiples of the value of silver throughout recorded history. :confused:

6. cc51

cc51 Senior Member

true but silver is used more as a industrial metal and is extreamly undervauled. gold mainly depends on jewlary and coins and that about it. gold is way to exspensive to use in photography or in computers. and gold is usally in a large enogh mass wewre is can me reusable. silver on the other hand is being bought in massive amount for eletrical companys. for instace, digitals cams, t.vs, microvaves,computers, and some electrical wire. but the thing is the silver in the electronics are usally to hard to retract and become non reusable. silver has a huge industrial leap over gold and in reality there is less of it out there.geologist say there is still 90% of gold that has not been mined while they say silver is going to be very scares in the next 10 years if production with china keeps growing ( which it will) and the production rate of the products contine. Also this is not and investment thread. i simpy want to own a gold coin and im preatty sure im going to get the 1/4 ounce i just dont want to regreat spending that much money.

just a thought
    Bob

Draft saved Draft deleted