Gold coin forums

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Longacre, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Longacre

Longacre New Member

Does anyone know of any forums or discussion boards that are specifically geared to collecting US gold coins? Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. satootoko

satootoko Retired

I know of only one, and it is sponsored by an investment company, so I would be inclined to tread very carefully:
    Most of the major coin discussion forums include gold coinage among their real numismatic subjects, including my favorite - Coin Talk. Examples are here and here.

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Did somebody mention gold :eek:

Talk away pal - I LOVE gold !! Too bad your interest is US - even though I still like to talk about it ;)

But world gold - Boy Howdy now there's a subject you'll have a hard time getting me to STOP talking :D

Got any pics ??

5. National dealer

National dealer New Member

I am a major fan of US Gold. Especially the fractional gold from California.

6. cdcda

cdcda New Member

ND, I will have to post some photos of my Cal gold one of these days. Working on a little collection myself - not quite up to Mike Locke standards - but working away ;-)

7. Andy

Andy Coin Collector

Hate their politics but love there gold. French gold will get me a talking. Shame what happened to that country after the Franco-Prussian War. Hasn't been the same since.

8. National dealer

National dealer New Member

Speaking of Gold, I just picked up a 1961 Katanga. For anyone that hasn't heard of this little country, coinage was only minted one year.

Draft saved Draft deleted