Gold Buffalo Fractionals: Summer 2008

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by Aberlight, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rickyb

rickyb With a name like Ricky...

YES i cant afford the big ones

4. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Well that's going to blow the coin budget to hell for 2008.

5. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

you can say that a few times. it will make me feel worse or better who knows. we dont need more coins why doesnt the mint get it .

6. Fullbands

Fullbands Certified Authentic Details

Well poo. The closer gold gets to 1K, the less I feel like buying. Then of course the mint does THIS...

Rick L.

7. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

i already missed the 2007 buffalo a key date now this. what nonsense

8. modernman

modernman New Member

Why is there so much interest (on this and other forums as well) in the buffalo fractionals? Are people more interested in the beauty of the coin, or in the profit potential in flipping the coins? Or are there other reasons?

9. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

gold =$$$$$$$$$ = BIG PROFITS Poor collectors like myself suffer :(

10. rotobeast

rotobeast Old Newbie

This will be my FIRST Mint purchase.
    I'm not much on the modern stuff, but I've got a hunch about these.

11. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

Man, if you are a poor collector, than I'm livin' on the street. :D Lol. Me, I don't collect gold, atleast not yet. More into copper and nickel at the moment. :kewl:

Phoenix :cool:

12. cat1026

cat1026 Member

I like the plan. I would rather buy a quarter ounce or half ounce gold coin now that gold is near $930.

13. rotobeast

rotobeast Old Newbie

I think those will have the highest appreciation in value.
    ;)

14. Oldman

Oldman New Member

15. Oldman

Oldman New Member

I like the large ones my self. But im thinking you might be right about that.

16. Aberlight

Aberlight New Member

I just want a 1/4 oz, which is similar in size to a nickel...

17. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

key date

no key date for american buffalo, spouse gold as well as prez dollar. because they are just new.

18. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

its like saying the american buffalo from 2001 wasnt a key for modern comems in 2002 coz it was new. it will probably have one of the lowest mintages the way gold is going

19. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Thanks for ruining my day. :( I was just looking at the new Gold Buffalo product that the mint is releasing next week. They are producing a special Gold Buffalo "celebration" coin. The gold buffalo is the same, just different packaging. What I don't know if the coin is a Proof or Bullion. They want $1,018.88. :eek: Just some more coins I can't afford, but will buy anyway. Its funny though, because when I don't buy them they tend to be worth 10x purchase price versus when I do buy them, they usually go down in value. :confused: Time to take out a third mortgage. :rolleyes:

20. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

Stay there gold is nothing but trouble. You have very high expectations from me my friend. It can become tough to live upto them ;)

21. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

its bullion and gold tankd today so maybe the price will come down :)

Draft saved Draft deleted