FUN Show (Florida United Numismatics)

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Duke Kavanaugh, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

It's getting close now!

Just wondering who will be there from here?
    Events you will be attending?
    What you will be looking for?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

I want to go so badly...I hope it is in the cards this years!!

RickieB

4. Joshycfl

Joshycfl Senior Member

I'll be there. I'll also be at the NGC luncheon on Saturday. Will see you there :hail:

5. The Penny Lady®

The Penny Lady® Coin Dealer

I'll be setting up there (#566 in the Budget Section), and at the luncheon. Please stop by and say hi!!!

6. LostDutchman

LostDutchman Under Staffed & Overly Motivated Supporter

I'll be there all 4 days... and at both PCGS and NGC luncheons.

7. Duke Kavanaugh

@ Penny Lady the the budget section is for lower grade coins I dont think they'll let you in there :p

Actually I know the tables are rather expensive at Fun so I dont blame you at all. Many people will look to find you regardless of where your table is located.

See you there then!!

8. The Penny Lady®

LOL, actually, it means I can only put coins in my case that are worth less than $1,000 (grade doesn't matter). And yes, the tables are expensive, and with the flight, hotel, food, etc., these kinds of shows get expensive so I try to economize wherever I can.

9. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

I will be there Thursday and Friday. I seek to be a small time bidder on a coin or two at the Heritage auction. Don't know the club/educational session agenda just yet, but will plan on escaping the bourse to learn new things. I hope to meet a few CT'ers too.

10. Joshycfl

Joshycfl Senior Member

When we sign in, we should add on our name tags "CT" in case we run into each other. Because I'm sure we don't know each others faces..

Just a thought

11. Duke Kavanaugh

That's a good idea.
    Plus we could all meet at the NGC Lunch as JoshyCfl stated. That should give us some time to actually talk together.

12. The Penny Lady®

If I don't make it to either of the lunches, please be sure to stop by and introduce yourself so I can put faces with the username/avatar!

13. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

I plan on it. :)

14. 900fine

900fine doggone it people like me

15. bg1856

bg1856 Junior Member

how would one go about selling a coin or two at this show. Do you just walk around and show the coin to different dealers

16. Duke Kavanaugh

Yep there are "vest pocket dealer" that do just that thing. And if your not a dealer you can just walk the floor and offer anything you brought to the dealers at the tables. There will be plenty there to offer to. lol

I forgot that the dealers can't do the lunch's and stuff as much seeing you spent money for a table. I guess I'll just have to stop by then :D

17. bg1856

bg1856 Junior Member

Thanks Duke, do dealers typically carry enough cash with them to these shows to purchase high end type coins ($3000-$6000) I wouldn't feel comfortable nor willing to accept anything but.

18. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

Yes, but some will write you a check if you'll take it.

19. Art

Art Numismatist?

I'll be there on Fri, Sat and maybe Sunday. Be at the PCGS and NGC luncheons. I spend a lot of time visiting with old friends and checking-out the exhibits. Purchase plans -- 1946 cent (P,D,S) PGCS for my Mint Set, a few Roosevelts dimes, and a few Jefferson nickels. I usually get a few new Silver Eagles but I understand they will not be available at the show.

20. Duke Kavanaugh

bg18656 - yes many of them will carry enough and way more. The first time I went right when you walk in there was a table that seemed to glow from all the gold. They must have had 250 ounces there in the display case and tons of cash to buy more. The lid was left open and I couldnt believe that there were so many. They weren't in flips or 2x2's...to them it was just gold.

Be careful getting to and leaving the show but while there it's pretty safe and FUN!

21. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Reminds me of something I saw years ago at the Kentucky State show. There was a dealer there that specialized in gold and he had one of those deep display cases (3 1/2 inch) and he had just opened the case and dumped in double eagles filling the entire case all the way up to the glass with double eagles. Of course double eagles were cheaper back then.

Draft saved Draft deleted