Friday's Surprise find; Valentinian II

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Bonedigger, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Not bad for coming out of the electrolysis jar. This was also in the junk box.
    ///////////
    Valentinian II, 17 November 375 - 15 May 392 A.D.

8805. Bronze AE3, RIC 32b, F, 2.18g, 17.5mm, 0o, Aquileia mint, D N VALENTINIANVS IVN P F AVG, pearl diademed draped and cuirassed bust right; reverse CONCORDIA AVGGG, Roma enthroned facing, head left, holding globe and reversed spear, SMAQS in exergue; scarce
    http://www.vcoins.com/ancient/forumancientcoins/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=1630&large=0

Take Care
    Bone

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

4. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

Ben,you are building up a large collection of Roman coins by the sounds of it.You should build yourself a website.There are plenty of website builders out there,but www.myspace.com is a very good one,as I do have a website there,which you can find in my profile.

Aidan.

5. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Ben you got a secret hoard or something LOL lovely coin mate

De Orc :kewl:

6. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

NoT really Steve, buy my techniques have improved over the past few years. Initally when I bought these lots I looked for the obvious, then I applied electrolysis much too liberally and sadly ruined some good ones. Then, what was left I dumped into olive oil and waited. It's been worth the wait.

B

7. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

Wow!
    I can actually read the words on that one...LOL....good job.

8. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Hello Bone,

As you seem to be hooked on ancient Roman coins, I think (my own humble opinion) that you would take advantage, and more pleasure, in acquiring better examples : I mean higher grades of preservation.

As some of you seem to appreciate the last pic I posted, here is my Valentinian II siliqua

Cucumbor

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted