Franklin Mint silver ingots

Discussion in 'Bullion Investing' started by fusiafinch, Apr 23, 2009.

1. fusiafinch

fusiafinch Member

Does anybody here collect Franklin Mint ingots for silver content? I had a chance to buy at auction some Christmas ingots for melt value of the silver, so I got them. Anybody else have these?

And while we're on the subject, what about Sterling silver as a bullion investment? It's .925 purity silver as opposed to .999 purity of most bullion bars. Is there a preference towards the purity, or do most people look at the silver content, regardless?

Steve

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. AshcraftCoin

AshcraftCoin Member

If it is .999 fine (stamped, looks, feels) and I like the price... I buy it... doesn't matter if it X holiday or whatever.

In my experience... .999 is much preferred over anything else.

Now, if you can get Sterling at a price under Spot price value for the actual silver content and it fits your needs, then I say go for it. Sterling seems to be used more for collectible silver sets (when talking rounds, ingots)... sometimes that can actually add non-silver collectible value.

Anyway, .925 .90 .80 .50 all has its place in my holdings... if I can get the right price at the right time. :)

Regards,
    Michael

4. fusiafinch

fusiafinch Member

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I guess when they melt it, what counts is the silver content!
    I also happen to like artwork, so I also diversify into collectible value as well, if it's not too much more. I happened to get these Franklin Mint ingots below current melt value, so I do like them.

5. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

i used to like franklin mint products. specially coins minted for foreign countries date 1970's.

Draft saved Draft deleted