Fleabay or Dealer what to do?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by merlin1066, Apr 16, 2009.

1. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

I'm thinking about selling a 1/4oz gold eagle from 2006. Do you think I'd do better with a dealer or on Fleabay? I found a couple of MUST HAVE coins and I want to raise some funds for it. They will be a SERIOUS upgade to my collection. I'm sure some of you have been in this spot before, It's a first for me! Any thoughts? :desk:

Thanks!
    Mark

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. TheNoost

TheNoost huldufolk

Try the open section here first.

4. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

I agree with using this forum first. ebay is just to scarry for me. Dealers at coin stores would usually not give you the best deal. Dealers on line also a little scarry for buying something. I too have to agree to try here first, second is a coin show, third is just keeping everything.
    Of course there are always people called relatives. If you have a decent one you may try selling to them. That should start something.

5. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

I didn't realize you could sell here too!!! This site just keeps gettin better!

6. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

I just found the auction area of the fourm. It looks to me like you have to have your coin listed on another site. If I'm wrong about that please let me know.

7. commidaddy

commidaddy Senior Member

8. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

Yes thats what I did. I guess I just list it and take offers?

9. commidaddy

commidaddy Senior Member

10. merlin1066

merlin1066 Senior Member

I'll do it :thumb: Thanks commidaddy!

11. Aslanmia

Aslanmia Active Member

Use eBay... people are paying well over spot for gold there now. I sold two 1/10 ounce gold eagles there last week and got $115 for one and $125 for the other. You'll lose a bit of that with the fees, but it's still well over spot.

12. coinman0456

coinman0456 Coin Collector

I advocate using the Forum here, first. Just my Two Cents worth.

13. giorgio11

giorgio11 Senior Numismatist

Am I the only one who doesn't know where this is or how to find it? Link someone, please? Also, if I'm selling a bunch of coins on eBay, is it kosher to mention so and provide my userID for that site? Seems like us reputable dealers oughta get a little air time. :hail: Thanks.

Best Regards,

=============
    George
    VDB Coins

14. De Orc

De Orc Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted